There will be races in all five aldermanic districts in West Allis in the spring election.
All 10 incumbents on the West Allis Common Council had at least started the filing process for running for re-election as had seven challengers as of Tuesday afternoon.
However, Alderman Marty Weigel, District 2, was the only incumbent not to file a declaration of candidacy, although he did file a campaign registration statement. If he eventually decides not to run, he has until Friday to file a declaration of noncandidacy.
There still is plenty of time for candidates to file before the Jan. 3 filing deadline.
As of Tuesday afternoon, District 1 has incumbents Michael Czaplewski and Vincent Vitale and challenger Mark Nisenbaum; District 2 has incumbents Kurt Kopplin and Weigel against challengers Scott Bunker and Cathleen Probst; District 3 has incumbents Gary Barczak and Richard Narlock against Jon Keckeisen and Michael May; District 4 has incumbents Thomas Lajsic and Daniel Roadt and challenger Linda Dobrowski; District 5 has incumbents Rosalie Reinke and James Sengstock and challenger Richard Sujecki.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Whitnall stages award-winning theater production
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store (2)
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue