There will be races in all five aldermanic districts in West Allis in the spring election.
All 10 incumbents on the West Allis Common Council had at least started the filing process for running for re-election as had seven challengers as of Tuesday afternoon.
However, Alderman Marty Weigel, District 2, was the only incumbent not to file a declaration of candidacy, although he did file a campaign registration statement. If he eventually decides not to run, he has until Friday to file a declaration of noncandidacy.
There still is plenty of time for candidates to file before the Jan. 3 filing deadline.
As of Tuesday afternoon, District 1 has incumbents Michael Czaplewski and Vincent Vitale and challenger Mark Nisenbaum; District 2 has incumbents Kurt Kopplin and Weigel against challengers Scott Bunker and Cathleen Probst; District 3 has incumbents Gary Barczak and Richard Narlock against Jon Keckeisen and Michael May; District 4 has incumbents Thomas Lajsic and Daniel Roadt and challenger Linda Dobrowski; District 5 has incumbents Rosalie Reinke and James Sengstock and challenger Richard Sujecki.
- Emerald ash borer blasting Greenfield ash trees
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened