The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield fire destroys garage, caused about $100,000 in damage
- Two suspects sought in Greenfield gas station burglary
- Police report: April 22
- Alternative sought to road work borrowing
- Man charged with ninth drunken driving offense after road rage incident
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her