The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Man tries to scam Greenfield business by claiming to be from We Energies
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Cell tower won't be built in Greenfield residential neighborhood
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Laser tag enthusiast sets his sights on Greenfield site
- Police Report: Nov. 26