The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall drama tapped for Tommy Awards
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- Elmbrook Humane Society seeking help, foster homes
- West Allis police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Neighbors west of proposed Greenfield Meijer store fear more traffic
- Action on Greenfield request to take over Kulwicki Park's care delayed
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Whitnall School Board incumbents face a 23-year-old challenger
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors