The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706