The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man says driver ran over him after angry exchange
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- Police called in Greenfield neighbor dispute about snow fence
- News & Notes: March 4
- Police Report: March 4
- Greenfield decides against parking ban near mailboxes
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- News & Notes: Feb. 25