The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield takes steps toward taxing district for infrastructure work
- Ball rolling on Loomis Crossing in Greenfield
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Hales Corners Eagle Scout's signs point the way at Whitnall Park
- A mother talks of her loss to heroin
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Greenfield man charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Greenfield schools 'right-sizing' enrollment for smaller classes
- Greenfield restricts car sales at homes