The first mobile collection of household hazardous waste of the year will be at State Fair Park Friday and Saturday.
There will be no charge to visit and people don't even have to get out of their cars to dispose of such things as compact fluorescent light bulbs, motor oil and rechargeable batteries at the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District's household hazardous waste program.
The mobile collection will be at Gate 8, just off South 76th Street, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridayand from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
A list of things that can and cannot be dropped off, along with permanent hazardous waste dropoff locations and hours, is available at mmsd.com/dukes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield