The first mobile collection of household hazardous waste of the year will be at State Fair Park Friday and Saturday.
There will be no charge to visit and people don't even have to get out of their cars to dispose of such things as compact fluorescent light bulbs, motor oil and rechargeable batteries at the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District's household hazardous waste program.
The mobile collection will be at Gate 8, just off South 76th Street, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridayand from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
A list of things that can and cannot be dropped off, along with permanent hazardous waste dropoff locations and hours, is available at mmsd.com/dukes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield fire destroys garage, caused about $100,000 in damage
- Two suspects sought in Greenfield gas station burglary
- Police report: April 22
- Alternative sought to road work borrowing
- Man charged with ninth drunken driving offense after road rage incident
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her