The first mobile collection of household hazardous waste of the year will be at State Fair Park Friday and Saturday.
There will be no charge to visit and people don't even have to get out of their cars to dispose of such things as compact fluorescent light bulbs, motor oil and rechargeable batteries at the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District's household hazardous waste program.
The mobile collection will be at Gate 8, just off South 76th Street, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridayand from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
A list of things that can and cannot be dropped off, along with permanent hazardous waste dropoff locations and hours, is available at mmsd.com/dukes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706