Police are seeking suspects responsible for two armed robberies at a George Webb restaurant Wednesday and Sunday.
According to Greenfield police:
A masked man entered the restaurant at 4845 W. Forest Home Ave. shortly after 8 p.m. Aug. 1, held a gun to an employee's head and demanded money from the cash register. After receiving an unknown amount of cash, the suspect left the restaurant in an unknown direction. A vehicle was not seen.
The suspect is described as white, 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build, and wearing black running pants with stripes down the side and a short-sleeve shirt with blue and gray graphics worn over a black long-sleeve shirt. The suspect was also wearing a ski mask and dark-colored gloves. He displayed a semi-automatic handgun with chipped metal on the barrel.
Shortly after 11:30 a.m. Aug. 5, police responded to a second report of an armed robbery at the same restaurant. The masked suspect again displayed a handgun and demanded money from the cash register. The suspect then left with an unknown amount of cash. Police were unable to locate him.
The suspect in the second robbery is described as a tall, thin white male wearing a black zippered hoodie, a blue cap, a mask and black gloves.
Although police believe the same suspect might be responsible for both crimes, they are investigating the robberies as separate incidents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield
- Greenfield police investigating armed robbery in parking lot