Starting today, new garbage and recycling carts will start arriving at Greenfield homes, but residents shouldn't use them just yet.
On Jan.1, Greenfield will begin a five-year residential garbage and recycling contract with Johns Disposal Service of Whitewater. This contract will serve residential properties of four units or less.
The new carts, which will be delivered throughout the month, shouldn't be used until after the last refuse collection in December.
The new carts will be picked up by an automated arm mounted on new trucks that have been purchased to serve Greenfield customers.
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016