Starting today, new garbage and recycling carts will start arriving at Greenfield homes, but residents shouldn't use them just yet.
On Jan.1, Greenfield will begin a five-year residential garbage and recycling contract with Johns Disposal Service of Whitewater. This contract will serve residential properties of four units or less.
The new carts, which will be delivered throughout the month, shouldn't be used until after the last refuse collection in December.
The new carts will be picked up by an automated arm mounted on new trucks that have been purchased to serve Greenfield customers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Greenfield reschedules hearing on proposed Goodwill on 76th Street
- Whitnall School District facilities advisory committee taking shape
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield principal resigning to go to Kettle Moraine schools (1)
- All of Greenfield reading same book on being a civil society
- Greenfield's Loomis Crossing project could reignite under new taxing district
- Greenfield take step toward creating a city center
- Arrests, citations up during 2015 JansenFest