Starting today, new garbage and recycling carts will start arriving at Greenfield homes, but residents shouldn't use them just yet.
On Jan.1, Greenfield will begin a five-year residential garbage and recycling contract with Johns Disposal Service of Whitewater. This contract will serve residential properties of four units or less.
The new carts, which will be delivered throughout the month, shouldn't be used until after the last refuse collection in December.
The new carts will be picked up by an automated arm mounted on new trucks that have been purchased to serve Greenfield customers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall stages award-winning theater production
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store (2)
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony