Starting today, new garbage and recycling carts will start arriving at Greenfield homes, but residents shouldn't use them just yet.
On Jan.1, Greenfield will begin a five-year residential garbage and recycling contract with Johns Disposal Service of Whitewater. This contract will serve residential properties of four units or less.
The new carts, which will be delivered throughout the month, shouldn't be used until after the last refuse collection in December.
The new carts will be picked up by an automated arm mounted on new trucks that have been purchased to serve Greenfield customers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706