Radtke Park at 84th Street and National Avenue is the best site for a skate park, the West Allis Common Council decided Tuesday.
The city hopes to use federal community development block grant money to create a skate park with the help of a generous private donor, so no property taxes would be used.
Now designing can go forward with a target completion by Christmas. Construction would be next spring.
The city studied 16 potential sites and Radtke Park had more of what city officials were looking for, they said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $1.6 million in new taxes could come to Greenfield city and schools (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face