Radtke Park at 84th Street and National Avenue is the best site for a skate park, the West Allis Common Council decided Tuesday.
The city hopes to use federal community development block grant money to create a skate park with the help of a generous private donor, so no property taxes would be used.
Now designing can go forward with a target completion by Christmas. Construction would be next spring.
The city studied 16 potential sites and Radtke Park had more of what city officials were looking for, they said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rebuffed at store, man with walker uses trash can instead of toilet
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Whitnall School District’s woodland could get natural boost: Forest designation opens grant possibility for educational purposes
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Man tries to scam Greenfield business by claiming to be from We Energies
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge