Radtke Park at 84th Street and National Avenue is the best site for a skate park, the West Allis Common Council decided Tuesday.
The city hopes to use federal community development block grant money to create a skate park with the help of a generous private donor, so no property taxes would be used.
Now designing can go forward with a target completion by Christmas. Construction would be next spring.
The city studied 16 potential sites and Radtke Park had more of what city officials were looking for, they said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Greenfield reschedules hearing on proposed Goodwill on 76th Street
- Whitnall School District facilities advisory committee taking shape
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield principal resigning to go to Kettle Moraine schools (1)
- All of Greenfield reading same book on being a civil society
- Greenfield's Loomis Crossing project could reignite under new taxing district
- Greenfield take step toward creating a city center
- Arrests, citations up during 2015 JansenFest