Radtke Park at 84th Street and National Avenue is the best site for a skate park, the West Allis Common Council decided Tuesday.
The city hopes to use federal community development block grant money to create a skate park with the help of a generous private donor, so no property taxes would be used.
Now designing can go forward with a target completion by Christmas. Construction would be next spring.
The city studied 16 potential sites and Radtke Park had more of what city officials were looking for, they said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum
- Gadgets don't stay broken at this shop
- Whitnall School Board to form facilities task force
- Whitnall school referendums voted down (5)
- West Allis police report: April 9, 2015 issue
- Whitnall drama tapped for Tommy Awards
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- Elmbrook Humane Society seeking help, foster homes
- West Allis police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue