· A safe was tampered with at Subway, 4166 S. 108th St., prior to 6:40 a.m. Sept. 9. Nothing appeared to be stolen during the break-in.
· Two unidentified males in a beat-up, dark green vehicle took an air-conditioning unit out of the back door of a building in the 12100 block of West Beloit Road at 10:10 a.m. Sept. 9. Police are following up.
· A charcoal/mocha colored 2011 Trek bicycle was taken from an open garage in the 3700 block of South Oakbrook Drive between 2 p.m. Sept. 8 and 1:30 p.m. Sept. 9.
· Numerous electronic equipment and other items were taken from a residence in the 3600 block of South 47th Street on Sept. 9. The items included signed baseball cards, two video game consoles with remotes and games, 32-inch and 42-inch flat screen TVs, a DVD/VHS player, an e-reader tablet, a desktop computer, various perfumes and cosmetics, two personal photographs and a funeral card. Police are investigating.
· A home in the 4200 block of South 61st Street was burglarized prior to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 10. Items stolen during the burglary were not listed on the police log.
· A residence was burglarized in the 4000 block of South 35th Street between 2:30 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Sept. 11. A list of items was stolen unavailable at the time of the report.
· Several lockers were broken into and items were taken from an apartment building in the 8300 block of West Howard Avenue prior to 1 p.m. Sept. 13. A list of items stolen were unavailable.
· A multi-tool set was taken from a storage locker at an apartment building in the 8300 block of West Howard Avenue prior to noon Sept. 15.
· A license plate was taken off a motorcycle in the 3700 block of South 35th Street prior to 9:10 a.m. Sept. 9.
· An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through while it was parked in the 7300 block of West Layton Avenue between Sept. 7 and Sept. 9.
· A customer's backpack was taken outside of Walgreens, 4405 W. Layton Ave., between 3:30 and 3:40 p.m. Sept. 9.
· A purse was taken from a vehicle in the 4700 block of South 76th Street prior to 9:25 p.m. Sept. 9.
· Two subjects were arrested for shoplifting after they fled with a box full of DVDs at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at about 1 p.m. Sept. 10. One of the subjects was taken into custody at Budget Cinemas and was transported to West Allis Hospital after suffering a panic attack. The second suspect was taken into custody at Ridge Community Church.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting four bottles of alcohol, valued at $129, at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 2:20 p.m. Sept. 10.
· A $70 iPod dock was taken from a locked minivan at Southwest YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., prior to 2:40 p.m. Sept. 10. The passenger side window was smashed to gain entry.
· A computer was taken from a work vehicle in the 4600 block of West Morgan Avenue prior to 4:35 p.m. Sept. 10.
· An inventory check revealed that about $1,100 in merchandise were taken from The Vitamin Shoppe, 7515 W. Layton Ave., between Sept. 7 and Sept. 9.
· A female was arrested for shoplifting an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., at 10:40 p.m. Sept. 10.
· A duffel bag containing over $2,000 worth of paintball equipment was taken from a locked vehicle in the 4600 block of South 76th Street between 4 p.m. Sept. 10 and midnight Sept. 11. The rear passenger side window was smashed.
· Several items, including credit cards, were taken from a locker at Wisconsin Athletic Club, 5020 S. 110th St., between 10:40 and 11:35 a.m. Sept. 11. The victim stated one of his credit cards was used to make a fraudulent purchase at an Apple store.
· A vehicle was broken into in the 4800 block of South 108th Street prior to 3:10 p.m. Sept. 11. The log did not state if anything was reported missing from the vehicle.
· A former tenant took a washer and dryer from an apartment building in the 3900 block of South 40th Street prior to 3:20 p.m. Sept. 11.
· A male subject who turned in a lost wallet at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., was arrested for theft at 5:50 p.m. Sept. 11 after the wallet's owner reported several things were missing.
· Two subjects were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing items at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at about 10 p.m. Sept. 11.
· An air compressor was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 4000 block of South Shady Lane Court between midnight and 2 a.m. Sept. 12. The air compressor was later located in a neighbor's yard and returned to the caller.
· The city's Department of Public Works reported that a total of three catch basin grates were taken from the 5100 and 5200 blocks of Honey Creek Drive and the 3100 block of West Alvina Avenue prior to Sept. 12.
· Court documentation papers were taken fron a car in the 3100 block of West American Drive prior to 5 p.m. Sept. 12. The caller suspected his estranged wife.
· A digital media player and charger were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the lot at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., prior to 6:20 p.m. Sept. 12.
· A laptop computer with a cheetah print cover and another with a hot pink carry case were taken from a locked vehicle in the 4200 block of South 76th Street at 6:45 p.m. Sept. 12. A window was broken for access.
· A sewer grate that had just been replaced on South Honey Creek Drive and West Upham Avenue on Sept. 13 was taken prior to 10:22 a.m. Sept. 14.
· An unidentified man left without paying an $80 tab at Romine's, 6125 S. 27th St., at 12:35 a.m. Sept. 15.
· An unidentified female who flagged down a police officer as she was walking into the emergency room at West Allis Memorial Hospital stated she was assaulted behind an apartment complex in the 3600 block of South Rivershire Drive at about 7:25 p.m. Sept. 15. The victim was actually found to be a 17-year-old male, and a felony warrant for physical abuse to a child was issued for the unnamed suspect.
· Two male subjects were arrested for possession of marijuana and one of the subjects was also arrested for obstructing police after he gave officers a false name during a traffic stop on South 43rd Street and West Layton Avenue at 1:10 a.m. Sept. 11. A third male subject was also taken into custody on two valid warrants through the Menomonee Falls Police Department.
· Officers responding to a report of four juveniles "getting high" at the nature pod at Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., arrested a 13-year-old male for possession of marijuana and cited three other male juveniles for possession of tobacco by a minor at about 7 p.m. Sept. 12.
· A woman who was seen sitting on a bench by the swings and swaying back and forth was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at Dan Jansen Park, 4820 S. 74th St., at about 7 p.m. Sept. 13. She was taken to St. Francis Hospital for medical evaluation by the Greenfield Fire Department, and then to the county jail facility.
· A subject was arrested and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, speeding, inadequate muffler and no proof of insurance in the 5100 block of South Honey Creek Drive at 6:15 p.m. Sept. 15.
· A subject was arrested for drunken driving after a motorist reported following a van that was swerving all over the road on South 108th Street and West Layton Avenue at 6:15 p.m. Sept. 10. The subject's blood alcohol content was 0.30.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after a caller reported someone was passed out in a vehicle in the parking lot of El Beso, 5030 S. 74th St., with his pants down and windshield wipers on at about 7:05 p.m. Sept. 10. He was taken to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving on South 76th Street and West Edgerton Avenue at about 1:05 a.m. Sept. 12. His blood alcohol content was 0.10.
· A subject was arrested for drunken driving on South 60th Street and West Forest Home Avenue at about 3:30 a.m. Sept. 14. The subject's blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A woman was transported to St. Luke's Hospital after a two-car accident on South 27th Street and West Cold Spring Road at about 6 p.m. Sept. 11. Authorities later discovered she was wanted by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and the Washara County Sheriff's Department. She was taken to county jail after she was medically cleared by the hospital's emergency staff.
· Tires were slashed on a car in the 8900 block of West Howard Avenue between late evening Sept. 11 and 2:55 p.m. Sept. 12. During the investigation police discovered woman reporting the incident had a valid warrant through the Jackson Police Department, and she was taken into custody.
· A caller reported that two stray dogs were running around Greenfield Middle School, 3200 W. Barnard Ave., at 7:15 a.m. Sept. 9. Police contacted the owner of the dogs, who had a warrant for failing to remove animal feces/waste through the Greenfield Police Department. The resident signed a PR Bond and was warned about letting his dogs run loose.
· A male subject was arrested for prowling after he was seen looking into cars in a parking lot in the 4200 block of South 61st Street, and then fled when he realized someone was watching him at about 1:25 a.m. Sept. 10. When officers located the suspect and took him into custody on North 61st Street, they found he was in possession of numerous rings and tools. The items were confiscated and police are investigating.
· A male and a female were cited by mail for loud/unnecessary noise after a caller reported a loud fight in an apartment in the 5000 block of South Greenbrook Terrace at about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 11.
· Greenfield police officers and the K-9 Unit assisted two Oak Creek detectives in a foot pursuit of a man who was wanted for resisting arrest and making bomb threats. The man was arrested in the 4200 block of South 92nd Street at about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 11. He was later turned over to Oak Creek police.
· Officers responding to a report of road rage by a driver in a blue dodge Caravan in the area of South 30th Street and West Edgerton Avenue arrested and cited the driver for reckless driving at about 6:15 p.m. Sept. 11.
· Officers conducting a building check at Boucher Nissan, 4141 S. 108th St., arrested two subjects for prowling at 1:20 a.m. Sept. 14. One of the subjects was also taken into custody for having a warrant through the New Berlin Police Department. The officers also recovered several jewelry items from their vehicle, as well as cut-up copper piping and an unloaded pellet handgun.
· A man who came into the Greenfield Police Station, 5300 W. Layton Ave., to report he did not get custody of his 2-year-old daughter when he should have was arrested and taken into custody for having a valid warrant for operating after suspension (third offense), false swearing and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:35 p.m. Sept. 15.
· A resident called police to report she heard a female screaming and saw a subject running out of one of the apartment buildings in the 5900 block of South 28th Street at 10:55 p.m. Sept. 15. The responding officer made contact with the female, who stated she was involved in a birthday cake fight that was taking place inside the residence. The partygoers were advised to keep the noise down for the evening.
· Greenfield police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted the Greenfield Fire Department with nine rescue calls and one fire call between Sept. 9 and Sept. 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706