· Kitchen items were taken from a shed that was broken into at McDonald's, 4275 S. 27th St., on Oct. 7.
· A smartphone was taken in the 4900 block of South 74th Street between 6 and 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting $29 worth of allergy medication at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 5:25 p.m. Oct. 7.
· A male suspect was arrested for taking jewelry from a home in the 5300 block of South Butterfield Way at 6:40 p.m. Oct. 7.
· An unidentified male suspect attempted to shoplift computer equipment at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at about 12:05 a.m. Oct. 8. An employee followed the suspect to his car, where he was able to retrieve all the stolen merchandise before the suspect fled in a beige SUV. Police have the license plate number of the vehicle.
· A male suspect was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing merchandise in his backpack at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 1 p.m. Oct. 8.
· An unidentified male and female shoplifted two pairs of jeans, valued at $50 each, at Plato's Closet, 7820 W. Layton Ave., and then fled in a vehicle driven by a third person at about 3 p.m. Oct. 8. An employee identified the female suspect.
· Electronics totaling $816 in value and other items were taken from his unlocked vehicle in the 3200 block of South 43rd Street on Oct. 7.
· An employee at Schlossmann Honda City, 3450 S. 108th St., was arrested for stealing money from petty cash at 12:10 p.m. Oct. 9.
· Money was taken from a residence in the 4600 block of South 49th Street prior to 2 p.m. Oct. 9.
· A cellphone was taken at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., on Oct. 9.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting a Green Bay Packers hat at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 7:15 p.m. Oct. 9.
· A female juvenile was arrested for taking a cellphone at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at about 8:50 a.m. Oct. 10.
· A suspect carrying a stolen smartphone was arrested for possession of stolen property on 92nd Street and Howard Avenue at about 11:15 a.m. Oct. 10. The victim called police after using an app to track his smartphone.
· A woman fraudulently returned stolen merchandise at Greenfield News & Hobby, 6815 W. Layton Ave., prior to 3:15 p.m. Oct. 10. A manager identified the suspect.
· A woman's wallet was taken at Ken's Shell, 5909 S. 27th St., prior to 4:40 p.m. Oct. 10. The incident was captured on surveillance video.
· A wallet was taken at a business in the 8500 block of West Forest Home Avenue between 2 and 7 p.m. Oct. 11. Credit cards from the wallet were later used at Walmart, CVS and Office Max. Police are following up with the businesses to view video surveillance.
· An unidentified man shoplifted a smartphone at AT&T Store, 4739 S. 76th St., at 2:15 p.m. Oct. 12.
· An unidentified woman was stopped by security after she shoplifted $101 worth of party decorations at Party City, 5058 S. 74th St., at about 8:25 p.m. Oct. 12. The suspect fled from security and was last seen traveling northbound on South 74th Street.
· A video game system and games, a backpack and some clothing were taken from a vehicle in the 4700 block of West Forest Home Avenue between 6 p.m. Oct. 12 and 1:30 p.m. Oct. 13.
· A suspect was arrested for drunken driving on 27th Street and Ramsey Avenue at 12:10 a.m. Oct. 10. The subject's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.13.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (third offense) after police found his vehicle partially parked on the grass in the 5200 block of West Morgan Avenue at 1:05 a.m. Oct. 10. His BAC was unavailable.
· A suspect was arrested for drunken driving on 43rd Street and Forest Home Avenue at about 2 a.m. Oct. 12. The subject's preliminary BAC was unavailable.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving on 76th Street and Cold Spring Road after an employee at Pick 'n Save reported a woman in their store appeared intoxicated, urinated in her pants, and then drove off at 9:42 p.m. Oct. 12. Her preliminary BAC was unavailable.
· A male suspect was arrested for drunken driving in the 4600 block of South 27th Street at 2:05 a.m. Oct. 13. His preliminary BAC was unavailable.
· A woman was transported to St. Luke's Hospital after her car was struck by a blue or gray vehicle on 76th Street and Forest Home Avenue at about 3 a.m. Oct. 12. The suspect vehicle, last seen traveling southbound on South 76th Street, was not located by police.
· A resident in the 4200 block of West Edgerton Avenue reported a window was slightly shattered when someone shot a BB or other small projectile at his home at 9:25 p.m. Oct. 8.
· A car was scratched while it was parked in the 10200 block of West Cold Spring Road between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 8 and 3 p.m. Oct. 9.
· A window was damaged with a BB gun in the 4400 block of West Anthony Drive at about 9:35 p.m. Oct. 9. About four minutes later, a resident in the 4500 block of West Anthony Drive reported seeing a small dark vehicle drive off after a BB or pellet gun damaged a window on another home. An extra patrol watch was requested in the area.
· A tire was slashed on a vehicle in the 6500 block of West English Meadows Drive between late evening Oct. 10 and 8:55 a.m. Oct. 11. The victim told police she suspected a female who has been stalking her and who was seen in the parking lot around 5:30 a.m..
· Bullet holes were found in a wall in an apartment building in the 4200 block of West Hillcrest Drive reported finding bullet holes in her wall at 3:50 p.m. Oct. 8. The resident believes the incident occurred Oct. 5.
· A man was arrested for prowling after he was seen carrying two backpacks and looking into windows in the 4400 block of South 51st Street at about 12:20 p.m. Oct. 10.
· Police responded to Advantage Muffler, 4935 W. Loomis Road, after a caller reported seeing a man in dark clothes walking around the parking lot at 1:20 a.m. Oct. 11. Officers made contact with the man, who stated he collects cigarette butts and was checking the lot for them. He was warned and advised about being on private property after business hours.
· A woman was arrested for passing a forged prescription at the Kmart Pharmacy, 4601 S. 27th St., at 12:25 p.m. Oct. 11.
· Police are investigating an accidental shooting that occurred in the 4900 block of South 36th Streetat about 9 a.m. Oct. 12. The resident reportedly injured himself while cleaning his gun.
· A woman was arrested for prescription fraud after she dropped off a photocopied prescription at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., at 3:45 p.m. Oct. 12.
· Three females were cited for disorderly conduct after several 911 callers reported that a loud verbal argument was possibly turning physical in the 5000 block of South Greenbrook Terrace at 3:15 a.m. Oct. 13.
· Greenfield police responded to three domestic violence calls and assisted with five rescue calls and one fire call between Oct. 7 and Oct. 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Report: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Nov. 5
- Police Report: Oct. 31
- Police Report: Oct. 22
- Police Report: Oct. 8
- Police Report: Oct. 1
- Police Report: Sept. 24
- Police Report: Sept. 17
- Police Report: Sept. 10
- Police Report: Sept. 3
- Police Report: Aug. 27
- Police Report: Aug. 20
- Police Report: Aug. 13
- Police Report: Aug. 6
- Police Report: July 30
- Police Report: July 23
- Greenfield Police Report: July 16