· Three shelving units and totes full of tools were taken from a backyard in the 4600 block of South 47th Street between the afternoon of Oct. 26 and the evening of Oct. 27.
· Four hubcap covers were stolen off a vehicle on the lot at Diamond Jim's Motor Cars, 5265 S. 27th St., between 6 p.m. Oct. 26 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 28.
· A male was arrested for theft after he stole jewelry from his mother and tried to sell it at Robert Haack Jewelers, 7530 W. Layton Ave., at 10:20 a.m. Oct. 28.
· Two males were arrested for theft from a vehicle in the 4600 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 2:20 p.m. Oct. 28. The suspects were initially arrested by the Milwaukee police who were investigating a possible garage burglary, and were turned over to Greenfield police after it was discovered they were responsible for the theft in Greenfield.
· An employee reported an undisclosed amount of cash was stolen from a patient at Kindred Health Care, 5017 S. 110th St., at 9:10 a.m. Oct. 29.
· All four rims/tires were stolen off a 2014 Ford Taurus at Braeger Ford, 4201 S. 27th St., between the late evening hours of Oct. 28 and the morning hours of Oct. 29.
· A woman reported her wallet was stolen out of her vehicle while it was parked in the 3800 block of South 38th Street at 4:40 p.m. Oct. 29.
· A male was arrested for shoplifting after he took several DVDs into the restroom and was seen taking them out of the packaging at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at about 1:30 p.m. Oct. 30.
· Two women with an infant were seen shoplifting five cans of baby formula at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 3:05 p.m. Oct. 30. The suspects were last seen driving a light brown Ford Windstar on Highway 100. Police were following up with the owner of the vehicle at the time of the report.
· A female was arrested for shoplifting $120 worth of merchandise at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 4:50 p.m. Oct. 30. An accomplice to the theft fled into the parking lot.
· A tablet computer was taken from the front passenger seat of an unlocked vehicle parked in the 4900 block of South 74th Street between 4:30 and 4:40 p.m. Oct. 30.
· An unknown male shoplifted an unknown amount of groceries and a grocery basket at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at about 7:40 p.m. Oct. 30. The suspect, described as a Hispanic male wearing a blue and white Adidas jacket with "23" on the right shoulder, a New England Patriots winter hat, light blue jeans and tennis shoes, was last seen leaving the lot in a dark-colored SUV. Police were trying to find the owner of the vehicle, which was listed at a Waukesha address, at the time of the report.
· A black leather bag was stolen out of a locked vehicle parked in the 5000 block of South Greenbrook Terrace between 7:50 and 11 a.m. Oct. 31. A window was smashed to gain entry to the vehicle.
· A resident in the 3300 block of West Colony Drive called police at 7:15 p.m. Nov. 1 to report a UPS package was stolen from her porch. The package was delivered by UPS at about 1:45 p.m. and when she returned home later that evening the package was missing.
· An unknown man stole a dark blue, 2011 Honda Pilot at Boyland Honda, 6141 S. 27th St., at about 11:15 a.m. Nov. 2. The suspect was described as a 6-foot tall white male about 45 to 55 years old with a thin build, a long gray goatee and wearing a red knit hat, tan jacket and blue jeans.
· A male was arrested for shoplifting/being party to a crime after an off-duty Big Bend police officer saw him and another male stealing books at Barnes & Noble, 4935 S. 76th St., and then fled on foot at 4:10 p.m. Nov. 2. One of the suspects was found and taken custody near 74th Street and Layton Avenue. The other shoplifting suspect, who was identified by police, fled the scene and was not found.
· An employee called police after two females shoplifted an unknown amount of merchandise at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., and then fled in a white Cadillac driven by an unknown male at about 8 p.m. Nov. 2. Police checked the area but could not find the suspects.
· A woman was arrested for battery to a police officer after she kicked an officer in the knee while she was being escorted out of Mad Dog Saloon, 4395 S. 76th St., by bouncers at about 12:45 a.m. Oct. 31. Officers responded to the business because the woman called 911 to report she was being chased by four or five men in the parking lot, and when officers arrived on the scene she became more combative and was also cited for disorderly conduct.
· A male student was arrested for possession of marijuana at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at 9:15 a.m. Oct. 29.
· A 15-year-old boy was arrested and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at about noon Oct. 30.
· A male was arrested and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 4200 block of South 27th Street at 2:30 p.m. Oct. 30.
· A male was arrested for possession of marijuana, prowling and underage drinking after he was found walking/hanging around near the sally port entrance at the Greenfield Police Station, 5300 W. Layton Ave., at about 2:50 a.m. Nov. 2.
· Someone was arrested for drunken driving after he/she drove his/her vehicle into Villager Foods, 6845 W. Layton Ave., at about 11:30 a.m. Oct. 28. The subject's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.16.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving after she was pulled over for speeding and running a red light on 27th Street and Grange Avenue at about 2:10 a.m. Oct. 29. She was also cited for disorderly conduct after she urinated in the holding cell. Her preliminary BAC was 0.14.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 5100 block of South 76th Street at about 2 a.m. Nov. 1. The suspect's preliminary BAC was 0.12.
· An anonymous caller reported finding graffiti spray-painted in the tunnel on the south bike path near West Beloit Road at 2:25 p.m. Oct. 30.
· Someone damaged a white Cadillac during an attempted break-in while it was parked at Romine's, 6125 S. 27th St., the evening of Oct. 30. Nothing was reported missing from inside the vehicle.
· A resident reported the trunk lock was damaged on his vehicle during an attempted break-in while it was parked in the 3700 block of South 46th Street between Oct. 27 and Oct. 31.
· A resident reported finding graffiti spray-painted on her garage in the 3200 block of South 46th Street at 11:05 a.m. Nov. 1.
· Someone damaged a door with a pry bar during an apparent burglary attempt at an apartment in the 4900 block of West Coldspring Road between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Nov. 1. Entry to the apartment was not gained, but deep pry marks near the deadbolt locks were left on the apartment door.
· A resident reported a window was broken on her Windstar van parked in the 4000 block of South 65th Street at 10:55 a.m. Nov. 3.
· Officers responding to a report of a homeless person drinking and smoking in an apartment complex hallway in the 4300 block of West Loomis Road arrested and cited a man for prowling at about 7:45 p.m. Nov. 1.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he struck the owner of the Tower Restaurant & Bar, 6869 W. Forest Home Ave., after he refused to leave after being thrown out of the business at 10:35 p.m. Nov. 1.
· Greenfield police responded to four domestic violence calls and assisted with six rescue calls between Oct. 28 and Nov. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 4
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Police Report: Feb. 17
- Police Report: Feb. 11
- Police Report: Feb. 4
- Police Report: Jan. 27
- Police Report: Jan. 20
- Police Report: Jan. 14
- Police Report: Jan. 7
- Police Report: Dec. 30
- Police Report: Dec. 23
- Police Report: Dec. 17
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Report: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Oct. 31
- Police Report: Oct. 22
- Police Report: Oct. 15