· An employee reported an unknown subject(s) stole tires off a 2014 Nissan Altima at Gordie Boucher Nissan, 4141 S. 108th St., at 5:45 a.m. March 17.
· A woman was arrested for receiving stolen property after she attempted to sell a stolen book set to Half Price Books, 5032 S. 74th St., at 10:15 a.m. March 17. According to the police report, the book set was confirmed stolen from Barnes & Noble.
· An employee reported the tires were stolen off a Ford Taurus in the lot at Braeger Ford, 4201 S. 27th St., sometime between March 15 and March 17.
· A woman reported her cell phone was stolen at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., between 1 and 3 p.m. March 17.
· An unknown woman shoplifted a gallon of milk and Cheetos at Speedway, 3390 W. Loomis Road, and then fled westbound on West Coldspring Road in a red van at about 4:30 p.m. March 17.
· A woman reported an unknown subject(s) stole CDs, change and other items out of a 2010 Dodge Caravan parked in the 3300 block of West Coldspring Road at 8:50 a.m. March 18. The report did not state whether the vehicle was locked or unlocked at the time of the incident.
· A resident in the 3100 block of West Coldspring Road reported an unknown subject(s) rummaged through his Mercedes Benz at 11:20 a.m. March 18.
· A resident in the 3700 block of West Howard Avenue reported a tire pressure gauge and a hunting knife were stolen out of his vehicle at 2:55 p.m. March 18.
· A man called police at 7:45 a.m. March 20 to report his wallet was stolen while he was at Pick N Save, 4279 S. 76th St., on March 19.
· An employee reported an unknown subject(s) shoplifted a pair of eyeglass frames at Wisconsin Vision, 4818 S. 76th St., at 4:40 p.m. March 20.
· Three unknown females, one wearing a pick knit hat and black clothing, shoplifted an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., and fled in a silver PT Cruiser with a temporary license plate at 4:15 p.m. March 21. At least one of the suspects was positively identified and police were attempting to locate her at the time of the report.
· A security employee reported an unknown subject stole multiple cases of Red Bull energy drinks at Pick N Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at about 1:15 p.m. March 22.
· A woman reported her wallet was stolen while she was at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., at 3:45 p.m. March 23.
· A 13-year-old girl was arrested for substantial battery after she physically assaulted another female student at Greenfield Middle School, 3200 W. Barnard Ave., at 9:15 a.m. March 18. The assault allegedly occurred on March 17.
· A male subject was arrested for operating after revocation and possession of marijuana during a traffic stop in the 4900 block of South 76th Street at 12:45 a.m. March 22.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (fourth offense) in the 9900 block of West Layton Avenue at 12:50 a.m. March 17. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving on South 108th Street and Interstate 43 at 2:45 a.m. March 18. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· Police and the Greenfield Fire Department responded to a personal injury accident in the 4300 block of South 27th Street after receiving a report that a white Cadillac drove into the parking lot at US Bank and crashed into the building after it collided with another vehicle at 6:55 p.m. March 21.
·A glass window was smashed out on two bus shelters located at South 27th Street and West Coldspring Road and South 27th Street and West Barnard Avenue on March 19.
·A resident reported the windows on his vehicle were broken out while it was parked in the 3700 block of South 53rd Street between the late evening hours of March 21 and 10:55 a.m. March 22.
· An employee at Heights Finance Corporation, 3829 S. 108th St., reported receiving several threatening telephone messages (bomb threats) at the business at 9:15 a.m. March 18. Police are investigating.
· A security employee reported two unknown males passed one counterfeit $100 bill and attempted to pass two more counterfeit $100 bills at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., at 5:15 p.m. March 18. When the two other bills were rejected by employees, the suspects fled northbound on South 27th Street in an older brown Buick with Illinois license plates.
· An employee at Joann Fabrics, 4950 S. 74th St., reported two young males were in the store "horsing around" in wheelchairs and one of them started a sign on fire at about 4 p.m. March 19. Police were attempting to locate the suspects at the time of the report.
· A man reported his dog was lost and/or ran away while he was visiting friends in the 12200 block of West Sunset on March 8. On Saturday, March 15, the victim's dog, a female Havanese, was found dead in a wooded area near South 116th Street and West Morgan Avenue, and it was discovered the dog had been shot to death.
· A manager at McDonald's, 4275 S. 27th St., reported a counterfeit $20 bill was passed at the restaurant on March 21. It was unknown who passed the fake bill or what time it was passed.
· A resident in the 4600 block of South 47th Street called police to report an animal was screaming in her yard at 12:45 a.m. March 23. An officer checked the resident's yard but did not locate any screaming animals.
· Greenfield police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with four rescue calls between March 17 and March 23.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8