· A man was arrested for defrauding an innkeeper after he left without paying for his bill at Genesis Restaurant, 3740 S. 108th St., at 2:50 p.m. March 10.
· Two unidentified suspects shoplifted several DVDs at The Exclusive Company, 5026 S. 74th St., about 1:30 p.m. March 10. The suspects, described as a white male wearing glasses and a blue coat and a white female wearing a red jacket, fled with the merchandise in a two-door gray vehicle.
· A smartphone was taken from a locker at Southwest YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., prior to 8:15 p.m. March 10.
· Four coats were taken from the first-floor conference room at a medical complex in the 3300 block of South 103rd Street prior to 3:35 p.m. March 11.
· A 2013 Volkswagen Passat was stolen from the lot at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., between the evening hours of March 9 and early morning hours of March 10. It was later involved in a hit-and-run in West Allis.
· A smartphone was taken from a restroom at Old Country Buffet, 4902 S. 74th St., prior to 9:10 p.m. March 11.
· A boy was arrested for shoplifting alcohol at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 9:45 p.m. March 12.
· Items were taken from a vehicle at Olive Garden, 4760 S. 76th St., between noon and 9 p.m. March 13.
· Items were taken from a work van in the 4200 block of South 60th Street prior to 10:35 a.m. March 15.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting fish filters at Pet World Warehouse, 5415 S. 27th St., at 12:45 p.m. March 15. The man, who had a young boy with him, fled on foot after stealing the aquarium supplies and was quickly located and taken into custody by police.
· A woman's wallet, containing two credit cards, a driver's license and $25, was taken at Old Country Buffet, 4902 S. 74th St., between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. March 15.
· A suspect was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop in the 12000 block of West Beloit Road at 10:55 a.m. March 11.
· A suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana and operating after revocation following a traffic stop in the 4500 block of West Layton Avenue at 7:05 p.m. March 14. A passenger in the vehicle was also arrested for hindering police.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the lot of Scuttlebutt Sports Lounge after a motorist reported seeing a black Chevy Tahoe swerving while driving south on South 27th Street and West Howard Avenue at 1:40 a.m. March 15. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) and obstructing police after a motorist reported the driver of a silver Toyota FJ Cruiser was swerving while traveling on South 124th Street, and then almost struck a sign while turning onto South Foxwood Boulevard from West Beloit Road at 4:25 p.m. March 15. His preliminary BAC was unavailable.
· An employee at Greenfield News & Hobby, 6815 W. Layton Ave., reported an elderly driver struck the building and shattered at window at 10:40 a.m. March 12.
· An unknown substance was poured into the gas tank of a vehicle in the 3500 block of South 34th Street prior to 3 p.m. March 10.
· A window was smashed on a vehicle parked behind Olive Garden, 4760 S. 76th St., prior to 9:10 p.m. March 13.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after multiple 911 callers reported seeing an intoxicated man stop to urinate in a yard in the 5100 block of South 43rd Street at 5:45 p.m. March 10. He was also taken into custody for having a warrant for loitering through the Greenfield Police Department.
· Duct tape was place across the door in an apartment complex in the 6100 block of West Stonehedge Drive prior to 6:15 p.m. March 11. The resident suspects a neighbor defaced his door because he was currently making a complaint with the board over offensive religious materials displayed on her door. The neighbor denied placing the duct tape on the caller's door. Both were advised by police to leave each other alone.
· A resident in the 6200 block of South 27th Street came into the Greenfield Police Station to report someone was using lasers on him and that the Shorewood Police Department was "in on it" at 7:50 p.m. March 11. Police advised the man to seek professional help.
· Two tires on a vehicle were slashed in the 3500 block of South 34th Street between 9:30 p.m. March 11 and 5:30 a.m. March 12. Police attempted to contact a neighbor who was a possible suspect due to an ongoing dispute, but received no response.
· An employee at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., called police at 5:25 p.m. March 12 to report a person has been pretending to be a doctor and calling in prescriptions.
· An intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after causing a disturbance in the main office at the Golden Key Motel, 3600 S. 108th St., at 12:20 a.m. March 15. The suspect led police on a short foot pursuit before being taken into custody.
· A resident in the 4900 block of South Greenbrook Terrace called police at about 9:15 p.m. March 15 to report coyotes were hanging around the area and requested police to come out and shoot them. The caller was advised that if he is concerned about his dog's welfare, he should accompany his dog when it goes outside. While attempting to locate the coyotes, another resident flagged down the officer's squad car and advised him the coyotes were in a nearby park, and the original caller was advised.
· Greenfield police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted with six rescue calls between March 10 and March 16.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 11
- Police Report: March 4