· Clothing, shoes and change were taken from a locked residence in the 6900 block of West Van Norman Avenue the evening of June 1. Entry was apparently gained through a bedroom window when the residents were home. Police are following up with a possible suspect.
· A TV was taken from a residence in the 9100 block of West Waterford Avenue prior to 5:45 p.m. June 6.
· Tools, a TV and a computer were taken from a residence in the 6100 block of South 42nd Street between 2:30 p.m. June 6 and about 1 a.m. June 7.
· A food stamp card was taken from a residence in the 3900 block of South Sunset Square between 1 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. June 2.
· A drum belonging to Endpoint Solutions was taken from the parking lot of Burger King, 4555 W. Forest Home Avenue, prior to 10:30 a.m. June 3.
· A 100-foot extension cord was taken from a residence in the 5000 block of South 58th Street prior to 2:50 p.m. June 3.
· A catalytic converter was taken off a vehicle in the park-and-ride lot, 4800 S. 108th St., between 9 a.m. and 2:50 p.m. June 3.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen cutting merchandise out of its packaging at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., at 3:15 p.m. June 3. He fled the store in a vehicle, but police located him nearby.
· Two unidentified men shoplifted two demo cellphones at Verizon, 4965 S. 76th St., at about 6:10 p.m. June 3. When an employee tried to confront the suspects, the driver nearly struck him with his vehicle. A Milwaukee County sheriff deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, but it fled after the officer got off his motorcycle.
· An unidentified male shoplifted a tray of glasses at Lenscrafters, 4850 S. 74th St., at about 12:40 p.m. June 4. The suspect, described as a black male wearing a black hat, white t-shirt and baggy jeans, was last seen running south on South 74th Street, then entering a purple minivan.
· Four light poles were taken from the back parking lot of All Lighting, 11015 W. Layton Ave., prior to 3:12 p.m. June 4.
· A car phone charger, clothing and change was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 6200 block of South 31st Street between 5:30 p.m. June 4 and 5:45 a.m. June 5.
· Two wind chimes were taken from a porch in the 9300 block of West Allerton Avenue between late evening June 5 and noon June 6.
· An unidentified person took a girl's bicycle and left another bicycle behind in the 4100 block of South 72nd Street prior to 5:10 p.m. June 6. A neighbor witnessed the theft and police are following up.
· Two girls were arrested for shoplifting after one of them was seen concealing merchandise in her purse at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at about 6:15 p.m. June 6.
· The rear license plate was taken off a vehicle in the 12100 block of West Beloit Road between June 3 and June 6.
· The rear license plate was taken off a vehicle at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., prior to 1:50 p.m. June 7.
· A GPS unit was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 3700 block of South 53rd Street between 11 p.m. June 6 and 5:10 p.m. June 8.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing merchandise at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 7:10 p.m. June 8.
· A purse was taken out of a car in the 6800 block of West Edgerton Avenue prior to 9:15 p.m. June 8.
· Two male subjects were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen taking tags off items in the electronics department at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., at 11:25 a.m. June 9.
· Three unidentified males shoplifted about 10 bags of frozen chicken at Dollar Tree, 6261 S. 27th St., at about 12:55 p.m. June 9. They fled in a vehicle.
· Police are seeking a man for battery after an employee at The Hideaway, 5105 S. 27th St., reported the suspect struck his girlfriend in the face and injured her at 8:55 p.m. June 8. The woman was taken to St. Luke's Hospital for treatment and a warrant was issued for the man's arrest.
· A person was arrested for possession of marijuana after being pulled over for a traffic violation on 43rd Street and Howard Avenue at 1:50 a.m. June 4.
· A woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing police at the Golden Key Motel, 3600 S. 108th St., at about 2 a.m. June 5. She was taken into custody on a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department felony warrant for retail theft.
· A driver was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) in the 7500 block of West Layton Avenue at 2:25 a.m. June 3. The driver refused a blood draw and was taken into custody.
· A person was arrested for drunken driving in the 4300 block of West Forest Home Avenue at about 2 a.m. June 4. The suspect refused a breath test.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) after a motorist called 911 to report a possible intoxicated driver on 92nd Street and Layton Avenue at about 2 a.m. June 6. He was taken to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A person was arrested for drunken driving after two callers reported seeing an erratic driver near 76th Street and Edgerton Avenue at about 12:55 p.m. June 6. The subject's blood alcohol content was 0.12.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4900 block of South 76th Street after a three-car accident in the 4900 block of South 76th Street at about 6:05 p.m. June 6. His BAC was 0.159. He was taken into custody for having warrants for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) after police responded to a report of several people loitering in the parking lot at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at about 1:10 a.m. June 8. His BAC was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) and operating after revocation and was cited for deviating from a designated lane in the 5900 block of South 27th Street at 2:10 a.m. June 9. His BAC was unavailable.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) in the 4600 block of South 48th Street at 2:50 a.m. June 9. She was taken to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A 10-year-old boy was transported to Children's Hospital after he was struck by a car while riding his bicycle on 122nd Street and Cold Spring Road shortly after 6 p.m. June 9.
· The rear passenger window of a vehicle was smashed in the 4400 block of South 68th Street between late evening June 7 and 12:25 p.m. June 8.
· Three females were cited for disorderly conduct after they were seen physically fighting each other in a hallway and in an apartment in the 4000 block of South 35th Street at 1:55 a.m. June 3.
· A man who sent threatening text messages to a Milwaukee resident and then showed up at her apartment was arrested for harassment and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 3800 block of South 35th Street at 2:15 a.m. June 3.
· A man was arrested and cited for disorderly conduct and reckless driving after he followed and tailgated another driver during a road-rage incident near 84th Street and Plainfield Avenue at about 7 p.m. June 4.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he reported smoke in a hallway at an apartment complex in the 3100 block of West Howard Avenue at about 9:45 p.m. June 4. The man was cited for calling the Fire Department to the apartment complex on multiple occasions when no emergency existed.
· A man was cited for disorderly conduct after he was seen pulling on customer's car doors at US Bank, 4333 S. 27th St., at about 10:15 a.m. June 5.
· A woman was arrested for hit and run, disorderly conduct, carrying a concealed weapon (brass knuckles), operating after suspension and reckless driving after she struck another car during a road-rage incident in the 5100 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 4:45 p.m. June 5.
· A man was arrested and cited for disorderly conduct after he caused a disturbance by yelling at his neighbor in the 3500 block of South 34th Street at 10:15 p.m. June 6.
· One man was arrested for disorderly conduct and another man was taken into custody on a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department warrant after a fight in the 3900 block of South 27th Street at about 1 a.m. June 8.
· A man was cited for disorderly conduct after an employee called 911 to report a physical altercation inside George Webb's Restaurant, 6231 S. 27th St., at about 2:30 a.m. June 9. The man fled with two others before police arrived. The man was located at his home in Franklin, where he was taken into custody.
· Three unidentified males fled a vehicle on foot after an officer attempted to pull the vehicle over for almost striking a squad car in the 5300 block of West Layton Avenue at about 3:20 a.m. June 9. An officer spoke with the owner of the vehicle and discovered the car had just been stolen from Milwaukee.
· A resident called police to report a gopher was stuck under her vehicle in the 8100 block of West Layton Avenue at about 10 a.m. June 9. The resident told police the gopher tried crawling into her car and broke two lights.
· A man was arrested for violation of a restraining order and resisting an officer after he showed up at his ex-girlfriend's apartment complex in the 4800 block of South 72nd Street, at 3:50 p.m. June 9. He fled before police arrived, but was taken into custody at his residence and taken to the county jail.
· Greenfield police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with 14 rescue calls and two fire calls between June 3 and June 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15