· A man called police at 4:50 p.m. July 22 his residence in the 11200 block of West Layton Avenue was entered several times between June 19 and June 20. The unidentified burglar also took a vehicle out of the garage and returned it sometime before 2 p.m. June 21. Police discovered the burglar left the side garage door unlocked and left the keys to the car and house in the car. The investigation is ongoing.
· About $150 in cash was taken from a locked home in the 4400 block of South 114th Street between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. July 22. A basement window was kicked in.
· A resident in the 3200 block of West Mangold Avenue reported his condo was burglarized and his vehicle was entered sometime between July 18 and July 25. A screen was cut for entry into the residence.
· Two bicycles and three golf bags were taken out of an unlocked garage in the 4600 block of South Woodland Drive between 8 and 9 p.m. July 25.
· Police received a report that a residence in the 6900 block of West Allerton Avenue was burglarized at 10:20 a.m. July 28. Information about this incident was unavailable as the police report has not been completed y press deadline.
· A GPS unit and a change were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 7000 block of West Cold Spring Road between 10 p.m. July 21 and 6 a.m. July 22. A second unlocked vehicle was also entered and rummaged through but nothing was reported missing.
· A stereo was taken from a vehicle in the 6400 block of West Cold Spring Road between late evening July 21 and 7:30 a.m. July 22.
· A GPS unit and a purse containing $50 in cash and credit cards were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 4500 block of South 72nd Street prior to 8:40 a.m. July 22.
· A GPS unit was taken from a vehicle in the 4400 block of South 68th Street between late evening July 21 and 8:50 a.m. July 22.
· About $15 in change and loose bills was taken from two unlocked vehicles parked in the 6800 block of West Allerton Avenue prior to 5:25 p.m. July 22.
· An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 6900 block of West Allerton Avenue between 8:30 a.m. July 21 and 5:15 a.m. July 22. Nothing was reported missing, but an extra patrol was requested in the area.
· Multiple personal items were taken from a van parked in the 3200 block of West Kimberly Avenue between the evening of July 23 and 6:30 a.m. July 24.
· CDs were taken from a vehicle in the 5800 block of South 41st Street between the evening of July 23 and 7 a.m. July 24.
· An unidentified male shoplifted an undisclosed amount of merchandise at BP Gas, 4405 W. Loomis Road, at 7:15 a.m. July 24. The suspect fled the area in a black SUV.
· Motorcycle boots and two heated jackets were taken from a vehicle in the 3800 block of South 43rd Street prior to 12:40 p.m. July 24.
· A compressor and an outer tub for an appliance, valued at $483, were taken from a storage pallet at Sears Service and Repair, 4260 S. 76th St., at 12:45 p.m. July 24.
· Sewer grate covers in the back parking lot at Stan's Fit For Your Feet, 7405 W. Layton Ave., were taken prior to 5:30 p.m. July 24.
· A red and black Mongoose bicycle was taken from a yard in the 4300 block of South 49th Street at about 6 p.m. July 24. The owner of the bicycle saw boys take the bike and chased them to the area of South 27th Street and West Cold Spring Road, but then lost sight of them.
· A tractor was taken from a garage in the 5800 block of South 40th Street prior to 7:30 p.m. July 24. The resident listed a suspect, and police are following up.
· A woman reported that several items were taken from her vehicle in the 4400 block of West Ohio Avenue on July 24.
· A woman reported her purse was taken from her vehicle at 116th Street and Morgan Avenue at 10:15 a.m. July 25.
· A radio, amplifier and speakers were taken out of a vehicle on 60th Street and Cold Spring Road between the evening of July 24 and the morning of July 25. The victim told police the stolen merchandise had been posted for sale on Craigslist.
· A vehicle was rummaged through while it was parked in a residential garage in the 7000 block of West Armour Avenue between the evening of July 25 and 9:58 a.m. July 26. The report did not state what, if anything, was taken.
· A woman reported her driver's license and various financial cards were taken out of her wallet while she was at the New Drift Inn, 8302 W. Forest Home Ave., at noon July 26.
· A car was broken into in the 7100 block of West Armour Avenue between 9:30 p.m. July 25 and 9:50 a.m. July 26. The victim stated items were moved around inside her car but it did not appear that anything was taken.
· A smartphone was taken from a vehicle at Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St., prior to 8:15 p.m. July 26.
· An unidentified male shoplifted 10 DVD sets at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 2:30 p.m. July 27. The suspect, described as a white or Hispanic male in his mid 20s with a medium build and brown hair, fled in a white Kia Soul.
· A set of golf clubs, a GPS unit and a wallet were taken out of an unlocked car in a driveway in the 4900 block of South 78th Street between 8 p.m. July 27 and 3:30 a.m. July 28.
· A stereo was taken out of a vehicle in the 3800 block of South 56th Street between the evening of July 27 and 6:40 a.m. July 28.
· A caller reported his vehicle was broken into and items were taken while it was parked in the 4900 block of South 81st Street prior to 10:50 a.m. July 28. The police report was not complete at press time and no other information is available.
· Two vehicles were broken into in the 4900 block of South 82nd Street between the evening of July 27 and early morning hours of July 28. The police report was not complete at press time and no other information is available.
· A woman reported her wristlet purse was taken and several charges were made on her credit card while she was at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th St., during the evening of July 27 and early morning July 28. Police are following up with a possible suspect.
· A locked Chevy Traverse with a laptop computer inside was taken from the Hales Corners Park and Ride lot, 4800 S. 108th St., between 4 and 8:05 p.m. July 28. Milwaukee police located the vehicle at a residence in the 1500 block of North 32nd Street at about 10 p.m. after it had been set on fire.
· A suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana during a traffic stop in the 4600 block of South 27th Street at 5 p.m. July 22.
· A male subject was arrested for illegal possession of oxycodone during a traffic stop in the 6000 block of West Layton Avenue at about 3 a.m. July 23.
· A male subject was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after he left a syringe on his downstairs neighbor's porch in the 10100 block of West Cold Spring Road at about 3 p.m. July 27.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving (fourth offense) after she was seen driving a vehicle southbound on 60th Street and Howard Avenue with a tire missing, causing sparks to spray on the roadway, at 2:25 a.m. July 7. After a brief police pursuit, the woman was taken into custody, and then taken to St. Luke's Hospital for an arm injury. Her blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A resident reported someone hiding behind a fence threw a rock at his vehicle and damaged it while he was pulling into a driveway in the 3900 block of South Tara Hill Drive at 6:35 p.m. July 22. The victim told police he saw the suspects, three boys between 13 and 16 years old, but police were unable to locate them.
· The hood on a new car was damaged at Schlossmann Honda City, 3450 S. 108th St., prior to 9:55 a.m. July 25.
· A taillight on a parked vehicle sustained minor damage after it was struck by a paintball in the 3300 block of West Lynndale Avenue between 5:30 and 11 p.m. July 23.
· A car was scratched with a key while it was parked at BB Rubbles, 5614 W. Forest Home Ave., prior to 3:40 p.m. July 28.
· A resident called police to report her neighbor just urinated on her property in the 3300 block of South 46th Street at about 11 p.m. July 24. It was later determined the man actually urinated in the alley behind the caller's garage. The man's wife agreed to clean up the mess and the caller declined to press charges.
· Officers responding to a possible fight in an apartment in the 11200 block of West Peregrine Way arrested one suspect for obstructing police at 6:30 a.m. July 25. The suspect was also taken into custody for a probation violation.
· A woman was cited for disorderly conduct after she urinated in a field at St. John the Evangelist Parish, 8500 W. Cold Spring Road, at 9:20 p.m. July 26.
· A male student was arrested for disorderly conduct for fighting with other students at ITT Technical College, 6300 W. Layton Ave., at 10:15 a.m. July 27.
· A woman was arrested for disorderly conduct after she attempted to kick in the door of a residence in the 4600 block of South 43rd Street at about 5 p.m. July 27. The woman was bitten by the resident's dog and was transported to St. Luke's Hospital, where she was medically cleared before being taken into police custody.
· Greenfield police responded to three domestic violence calls and assisted with nine rescue calls between July 22 and July 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 18