· An ice auger was taken from a garage in the 4800 block of South 68th Street between Dec. 21 and Dec. 30.
· An undisclosed amount of cash was taken during a burglary at OneMain Finanancial, 4830 S. 76th St., between 8:25 and 9:45 a.m. Dec. 30. A door was damaged.
· Jen's Beverage, 4312 W. Howard Ave., was forcibly entered at about 5 a.m. Dec. 31. Officers found a broken glass panel on the building, but nothing was taken.
· A box containing school papers was taken from a storage locker at an apartment building in the 7000 block of West Southridge Drive between Nov. 27 and Dec. 31.
· Two TV sets and a Ruger 9mm handgun were taken during a burglary in the 3700 block of South 34th Street prior to 4:30 a.m. Jan. 2. The front door was forced open.
· A package left in the lobby/hallway to be picked up by the post office was taken from an apartment building in the 4900 block of South Greenbrook Terrace between 11 a.m. and 2:50 p.m. Dec. 30.
· A trailer was taken from a parking lot in the 6500 block of West English Meadows Drive prior to 11:15 a.m. Dec. 30.
· A male suspect was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing video games in the car stereo area at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 10:30 a.m. Dec. 31.
· One suspect was arrested for shoplifting fragances at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., on Dec. 31. Two people were seen attempting to steal the fragrances at about 10:40 a.m., but they fled in a car, which police located and stopped in the 4900 block of South 27th Street.
· Cash from an ATM machine was taken at Loomis Gas & Food, 4306 W. Layton Ave., at about 3 p.m. Dec. 31. An employee changing the ATM had money sitting on the counter when an unidentified man grabbed the cash. When confronted, he returned the cash, but fled.
· Two TV sets were shoplifted at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., on Jan. 1.
· An unidentified male suspect shoplifted two TV sets at HH Gregg, 4585 S. 76th St., and fled at about 11:30 a.m. Jan. 2. The suspect was described as 5 feet 6 inches talll, wearing a black jacket, dark gray jeans and white sneakers. He was last seen driving eastbound on Interstate 894 in a blue Ford Escape.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting/possession of stolen property after he attempted to return an acoustic stolen guitar, taken earlier from the New Berlin Cascio store, at Music Go Round, 5042 S. 74th St., at about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 2.
· A white Buick was taken in the 3700 block of South 34th Street prior to 5:45 p.m. Jan. 3. The vehicle was later located by Milwaukee police after it was set on fire.
· An unidentified woman was seen concealing clothing in a bag at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at about 7:30 p.m. Jan. 3. She fled the store.
· An unidentified male shoplifted multiple items at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., and then fled at about 12:15 a.m. Jan. 4.
· A woman's purse was taken while she was shopping at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 4:40 p.m. Jan. 4.
· An unidentified male shoplifted a cart filled with diapers and Tide laundry detergent at Walgreens, 4688 S. 108th St., at about 7:35 p.m. Jan. 4.
· A gun was taken from a residence in the 4000 block of South 35th Street prior to 4:55 p.m. Jan. 5.
· A 2004 Dodge Stratus was taken in the 3700 block of West Loomis Road prior to 9:10 a.m. Jan. 5.
· A caller reported that an unidentified man in a red coat tried to kill him with a knife at an apartment building in the 4000 block of South 35th Street at 10 p.m. Dec. 31. The victim told police the man fled in a vehicle and was last seen driving on Loomis Road.
· A male suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 4000 block of South 27th Street at 9:30 p.m. Dec. 30.
· A suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana and operating after revocation during a traffic stop in the 4600 block of South 27th Street at about 11 p.m. Jan. 1.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving in the 7000 block of West Forest Home Avenue at about 2 a.m. Jan. 1. Her preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.13.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 8500 block of West Cold Spring Road at about 2:05 a.m. Jan. 2. His preliminary BAC was 0.14.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck another vehicle on 84th Street and Cold Spring Road, and then fled southbound on South 84th Street at about 5:05 p.m. Jan. 2. The subject's preliminary BAC was 0.228.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 6100 block of South 33rd Street at about 2:10 a.m. Jan. 3. His preliminary BAC was unavailable.
· A male suspect was arrested for drunken driving and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after his four-wheel-drive vehicle slid into a ditch on 112th Street and Beloit Road at 1:35 a.m. Jan. 4. His preliminary BAC was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving on Forest Home and Edgerton avenues at 2:45 a.m. Jan. 5. His preliminary BAC was unavailable.
· A house was egged and Christmas decorations were damaged in the 3800 block of West Edgerton Avenue prior to 2:15 a.m. Dec. 30.
· A vehicle was damaged in the 9100 block of West Allerton Avenue between late evening Dec. 29 and 7:30 a.m. Dec. 30.
· Firefighters and police responded to a report of a green Toyota Camry on fire in the 2900 block of West Ramsey Avenue at 2 a.m. Dec. 30. Officials believe the car was deliberately set on fire; police have a possible suspect.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after an employee reported on Jan. 2 that he was repeatedly coming into John Paul's Buick GMC, 3615 S. 108th St., and acting in a threatening manner toward employees.
· Greenfield police responded to five domestic violence calls and assisted with one rescue call between Dec. 30 and Jan. 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue