· A male and a female shoplifted six bottles of 1800 tequila at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., and then fled in a silver minivan at about 3:35 p.m. Dec. 9. The suspects, described as a black or Hispanic female in her 30s with a slim build and wearing a brown plaid coat, blue jeans and a brown/black beanie and a white male in his 20s, were not found.
· A male and female shoplifted a blue children's tablet at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., and then fled in a red Chevy Cavalier with no license plates at about 5:55 p.m. Dec. 9. The suspect vehicle, which had several children in the back seat, was last seen traveling southbound on South 27th Street.
· Two males were arrested for shoplifting car stereos at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 9:35 a.m. Dec. 10.
· A resident in the 3100 block of West Kimberly Avenue reported the contents were stolen out of a package that had been delivered to his/her home by the post office at 10 a.m. Dec. 10.
· A resident in the 4900 block of South 28th Street reported $1,800 in cash was stolen from his residence at 5 p.m. Dec. 10. The victim stated the cash was stolen sometime between March and the time of the report.
· An employee at Layton Terrace, 9200 W. Layton Ave., called police to report jewelry was stolen from a resident at 3:10 p.m. Dec. 11.
· A stereo face plate, speakers and an amplifier were reported stolen out of an unlocked Chevy Tahoe parked in the 4100 block of South 43rd Street at 3:35 p.m. Dec. 11.
· A resident in the 4900 block of West Maple Leaf Circle reported an unknown subject(s) stole his dog's poop from his yard at about 3:35 p.m. Dec. 11. Police told the resident that an officer would not be sent out to take his complaint.
· A resident in the 3800 block of South Oakbrook Drive reported his wallet containing several credit cards and his silver 2011 Hyundai Sonata were stolen by an unknown female between the late evening hours of Dec. 12 and 9 a.m. Dec. 13. The victim also told police fraudulent charges had been made on his credit cards, and police were investigating at the time of the report.
· Two adults, a male and a female, were arrested and cited for shoplifting groceries at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., on Dec. 13.
· A male shoplifted four Beats Studio headphones, valued at $300 each, at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 12:45 p.m. Dec. 14. The male fled the lot in a gray Dodge Stratus with damage on the passenger side door, and was last seen heading eastbound on Interstate 894.
· An undisclosed amount of items were stolen out of three locked vehicles parked at Organ Piper Pizza, 4353 S. 108th St., about 10 p.m. Dec. 15. While investigating, officers found two other vehicles in the lot were broken into at Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St., and contact information was left for the vehicle owners.
· A juvenile was arrested and cited for possession of marijuana at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at about 1 p.m. Dec. 12.
· Two people were arrested for possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 4400 block of South 43rd Street at about 10:35 a.m. Dec. 13.
· Two people were arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and one person was also cited for obstructing during a traffic stop in the 8400 block of West Howard Avenue at 3:30 a.m. Dec. 14.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (fourth offense) and was also taken into custody for having a valid warrant through the Greenfield Police Department for possession of marijuana at about 2:40 a.m. Dec. 11. His preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.24.
· A juvenile was taken to Children's Hospital after a vehicle struck a tree in the 3700 block of West Bottsford Avenue at 6:50 p.m. Dec. 13.
· A 911 caller reported a group of juveniles were "tagging" the building at Carl's Catering, 5110 West Loomis Road, at 7:35 p.m. Dec. 13. The juveniles fled on foot before police arrived.
· A resident in the 3400 block of South 44th Street called police to report an unknown man soliciting funds for an organization became aggressive when the resident refused to give him any money at about 5:10 p.m. Dec. 11. Police found the subject, who said he was trying to raise money for the "platinum all-stars," and admitted getting upset and calling a couple of residents "liars" after they told him they were broke because, according to the subject, they were living in a nice neighborhood. Police warned him about his actions and about soliciting in Greenfield without a permit, and he left the area.
· An employee called police to report three males were found in the back room going through a woman's purse at The House of Harley Davidson, 6221 W. Layton Ave., at about 10:45 a.m. Dec. 13. The three males fled in a black Yukon SUV when confronted by the employee. Nothing was reported stolen.
· A male was arrested for disorderly conduct after he damaged property inside a residence in the 5200 block of West Whitaker Avenue at 2:45 p.m. Dec. 15.
· Greenfield police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted with seven rescue calls and one fire call between Dec. 9 and Dec. 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police Report: March 4
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Police Report: Feb. 17
- Police Report: Feb. 11
- Police Report: Feb. 4
- Police Report: Jan. 27
- Police Report: Jan. 20
- Police Report: Jan. 14
- Police Report: Jan. 7
- Police Report: Dec. 30
- Police Report: Dec. 23
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3