· A laptop computer was taken from a home in the 3300 block of South 44th Street prior to 3:55 p.m. Dec. 2.
· A credit and debit cards were taken from an employee's jacket at Olive Garden, 4760 S. 76th St., on Nov. 29.
· A trailer was taken from a parking lot in the 4000 block of West Loomis Road between Nov. 29 and 11:15 a.m. Dec. 2.
· Two males were arrested for attempted car theft in the 5900 block of West Cold Spring Road after they were seen entering a car at 3:05 p.m. Dec. 2. They had punched out the ignition, but fled when they were approached by the witness. Police located the suspects near 65th Street and Forest Home Avenue, where they were taken into custody.
· A cellphone was taken out of a locked vehicle at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., between 3:10 and 3:20 p.m. Dec. 2. A passenger side window was smashed.
· A purse was taken from a locked vehicle at Olive Garden, 4760 S. 76th St., between 6 and 8 p.m. Dec. 2. A passenger side window was smashed.
· A purple backpack and a birth certificate were taken from a locked vehicle at Carrabba's Italian Grill, 4765 S. 76th St., prior to 8:55 p.m. Dec. 2. A passenger side window was smashed.
· A purse containing a wallet, two credit cards, two digital media players and a bottle of prescription painkillers was taken from a locked car at Carrabba's Italian Grill, 4765 S. 76th St., prior to 9:20 p.m. Dec. 2. A passenger side window was smashed.
· A computer printer, four barcode scanners, four digital media players and a scale were taken from a locked vehicle parked at Carrabba's Italian Grill, 4765 S. 76th St., prior to 9:23 p.m. Dec. 2. A driver side window was smashed.
· Two unindentified males shoplifted a cart full of merchandise at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled eastbound on Layton Avenue in a red Nissan at about 9:30 a.m. Dec. 3.
· A $600 Schecter Hellraiser Devil guitar was taken from Music Go Round, 5042 S. 74th St., prior to 2:35 p.m. Dec. 3. Employees discovered the guitar was missing as a result of a weekly inventory check. Police have the serial number of the guitar and are investigating.
· A purse was taken from a van at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., pror to 8 am. Dec. 4.
· Ladders were taken off several trucks at Gaidish Construction Company, 3045 W. Grange Ave., between the late evening Dec. 3 and 9 a.m. Dec. 4.
· A bowling ball was taken from a vehicle in the 2700 block of West Grange Avenue prior to 9:40 a.m. Dec. 4.
· Change was taken from several washing machines that were broken into at an apartment building in the 3100 block of West Howard Avenue prior to 9:55 a.m. Dec. 4.
· A man was arrested for two counts of shoplifting at Kmart, 4777 S. 27th St., after he took a TV set on Dec. 4, returned to the store and then attempted to shoplift another TV set at 10 p.m. Dec. 5.
· An undisclosed amount of money and a credit card were taken from a student at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at about 9:10 a.m. Dec. 6. Police were following up with a possible suspect at the time of the report.
· The Department of Public Works reported 10 temporary "no parking" signs were taken from the 3700 block of South 104th Street between Dec. 3 and Dec. 6.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen placing unpaid merchandise inside his vehicle at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., at about 3:45 p.m. Dec. 6.
· A student's cellphone was taken from Greenfield Middle School, 3200 W. Barnard Ave., on Dec. 6.
· Four boys were arrested after they shoplifted paintball guns at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled on foot at about 9:20 p.m. Dec. 7. Police located the suspects at Kulwicki Park and Budget Cinema, and they were taken into custody. When the suspects' parents arrived at the police station to pick up their sons, a father of one of the suspects was found to have an outstanding warrant through the Jackson Police Department. He left the lobby without his son before police could take him into custody, and the boy was later released to other family members.
· A black trailer containing a table saw, air compressor and multiple power tools was taken from a construction jobsite in the 4400 block of West Mallory Avenue prior to 8:40 a.m. Dec. 8.
· Two males were arrested for battery after they physically assaulted two boys at Maple Grove Elementary School, 6921 W. Cold Spring Road, at about 4:35 p.m. Dec. 2. One of the suspects was also taken into custody for having an outstanding warrant for possession of marijuana through the Greenfield Police Department, and both were booked and transported to the county jail facility.
· A 15-year-old boy was arrested for possession of a Schedule II narcotic (Aderall) after the vehicle he was riding in was pulled over by police on South 68th Street and West Forest Home Avenue at about 4 p.m. Dec. 2.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (fourth offense) and a felony parole violation, and was cited for operating after suspension in the 5700 block of West Layton Avenue at about 2 p.m. Dec. 2. The suspect refused sobriety and breath testing and was taken into custody.
· A suspect was arrested for drunken driving in the 4600 block of West Layton Avenue at about 8:25 p.m. Dec. 3. The suspect had preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.19.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 8400 block of Interstate 43 West (Highway E) at 1:55 a.m. Dec. 4. His preliminary BAC was 0.16.
· A subject was arrested for drunken driving on West Forest Home and West Edgerton avenues at about 3 a.m. Dec. 8. The suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· The rear driver-side window of a vehicle was broken at Carrabba's Italian Grill, 4765 S. 76th St., prior to 8:55 p.m. Dec. 2.
· The glass roof of a passing car was damaged when a group of five or six juveniles threw rocks off a bridge over the freeway in the 4900 block of South 124th Street at about 4 p.m. Dec. 4. Police were unable to locate the suspects.
· One person was arrested for disorderly conduct after an employee reported there were two or three people pushing and yelling at each other in the parking lot at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 2.
· A woman was arrested for disorderly conduct after she called police to report she had a confrontation with the manager at Paul's Gas, 4306 W. Layton Ave., at 6:35 p.m. Dec. 2. The woman had apparently prepaid at a gas pump, then filled up at another gas pump and refused to pay the difference.
· Two students were arrested for disorderly conduct after a physical altercation at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at about 7:55 a.m. Dec. 4.
· A student was cited for disorderly conduct after swearing at and threatening a staff member at Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., at 1:40 p.m. Dec. 6.
· Greenfield police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with eight rescue calls between Dec. 2 and Dec. 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police Report: March 4