· Copper wiring was reported stolen from a new building under construction in the 9100 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 19.
· A resident in the 6600 block of West Barnard Avenue called police after someone tried to enter her apartment through her front door, and then tried to get in through her window at 9:50 a.m. Aug. 21.
· A resident reported a bicycle was stolen out of her garage in the 7900 block of West Whitaker Avenue at 7:10 p.m. Aug. 23.
· A TV was reported stolen from a home in the 3600 block of South 34th Street at 11:40 a.m. Aug. 24.
· Phone chargers and CDs were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 6100 block of South 35th Street between 11 p.m. Aug. 15 and 7 a.m. Aug. 16.
· A female was arrested for shoplifting after she was seen taking DVDs into the women's restroom, removing them from their cases and then hiding them at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 10:35 a.m. Aug. 19.
· Two girls were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen taking items into the restroom and hiding them at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 3:45 p.m. Aug. 19.
· An employee reported a man and woman shoplifted two bottles of cologne, valued at $52, at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., and then fled in a white Ford Explorer at 5:15 p.m. Aug. 19.
· A woman was arrested for stealing her sister's 1997 Mercury Mountaineer in the 9100 block of West Waterford Avenue at about 8 p.m. Aug. 19. The vehicle was returned.
· An employee called police after a woman shoplifted cosmetics at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 6:20 p.m. Aug. 20. The suspect, a Hispanic female between 20 and 25 years old wearing a blue tank top, jean shorts and carrying a pink purse, fled south on South 76th Street in a blue Jeep Cherokee.
· A girl was arrested for shoplifting after she was seen hiding merchandise at Party City, 5058 S. 74th St., at 5:55 p.m. Aug. 21.
· An employee reported someone stole the wheels off a 2006 Dodge Charger parked in the used car lot at John Paul Motors, 3615 S. 108th St., between the late evening hours of Aug. 21 and 7 a.m. Aug. 22. The business later reported that lug nuts were stolen off one customer's vehicle and center caps were stolen off another vehicle.
· An employee called police after a woman in her 50s wearing a hot pink halter top and leopard print jean Capri pants shoplifted an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., and then fled in an older white Cadillac driven by an unknown woman at about 10 a.m. Aug. 22. The vehicle was last seen driving southbound on 108th Street.
· Two purses were stolen out of a vehicle parked in the 10400 block of West Coldspring Road between the evening of Aug. 21 and the morning of Aug. 22.
· Two subwoofers and an amplifier were stolen out of a vehicle parked in the 5200 block of South 27th Street between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 21 and 6 a.m. Aug. 22.
· Two unknown men shoplifted two smartphones at ATT Cingular, 4739 S. 76th St., at about 7 p.m. Aug. 22. The two fled in an unknown direction.
· A male reported his wallet was stolen while he was at Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., during the evening hours of Aug. 21.
· A resident in the 4600 block of South 124th Street reported his registration sticker was stolen off his license plate at 2:45 p.m. Aug. 23.
· One boy was arrested for operating a vehicle without the owner's consent and operating without a valid license and another boy was arrested for hindering after they were caught driving a stolen vehicle in the 7800 block of West Layton Avenue at 3:35 p.m. Aug. 23. The vehicle, which was reported stolen out of Milwaukee, was turned over to its owner.
· A resident reported his tablet computer was stolen from his residence in the 5500 block of West Allerton Avenue at 2:40 p.m. Aug. 24. The victim identified a possible suspect.
· Two females and another person were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen hiding baby formula in a green tote at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., at about 4:30 p.m. Aug. 24.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed, battery and obstructing after he showed up at a residence in the 2800 block of West Bridge Street with a gun and started beating on a female, and then fled in a green Ford at about 11:15 p.m. Aug. 22. A woman was also arrested for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident.
· A male was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 20.
· Two people were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 4900 block of South 108th Street at 12:50 p.m. Aug. 20.
· A person was arrested for drugged driving and possession of marijuana on 51st Street and Howard Avenue at 2:55 a.m. Aug. 21.
· Officers responding with the Greenfield Fire Department after a caller reported an unresponsive man in the 3300 block of South 100th Street arrested a 32-year-old man for possession of heroin and a parole violation at 11:15 p.m. Aug. 22.
· A subject was arrested for drunken driving after a motorist called to report the driver of a Toyota Tacoma was swerving over the center line while driving westbound on Coldspring Road and 84th Street at about 7 a.m. Aug. 23. The subject's blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A resident in the 4300 block of South 51st Street reported sugar was poured into the gas tanks of his two trucks while they were parked in his driveway at 4:25 p.m. Aug. 20. The caller told police the vandalism occurred on Aug. 17.
· An unknown subject threw a rock through a front window of a residence in the 8200 block of West Plainfield Avenue between midnight and 7 a.m. Aug. 20.
· A resident in the 4200 block of South 61st Street reported someone smashed a table on her patio at 6 p.m. Aug. 21.
· A male was arrested for disorderly conduct after he threw a lit firecracker into Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 2:40 p.m. Aug. 21.
· An assistant manager at Barnes & Noble, 4935 S. 76th St., called police to have a customer removed from the store after he had been asked not to return due to his behavior at 2:50 p.m. Aug. 21. The subject allegedly put his hands down his pants, took plastic covers off magazines and harassed employees by asking for phone numbers and also talked about stealing CDs. The man left the store before police arrived.
· A woman was cited for disorderly conduct after she allegedly threatened her neighbor in the 4800 block of South Katelyn Circle at 7:45 p.m. Aug. 22. The caller stated the suspect threatened her because she called police to report a disturbance on Aug. 21.
· Police responded to a report of an argument between a man and a woman at Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., at 6:55 p.m. Aug. 23. The two told police they got into an argument over their children throwing sand at each other and tried to handle the situation themselves, but both felt the other was being disrespectful. Both were warned about their behavior.
· Officers responding to a report of a female vomiting outside Speedway, 6102 W. Layton Ave., cited two girls for underage drinking at 12:40 a.m. Aug. 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue