Thief uses shoplifting incident to steal cash
Police are seeking a man who stole money out of a cash register at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., while store security officers were busy with a shoplifting suspect at 5:15 p.m. Sept. 28.
According to the police log:
While security employees were questioning a shoplifting suspect, an unidentified man used a pocket knife to pry open a cash register and steal $355. The suspect fled the store in a smaller red vehicle, possibly a red Kia four-door, with damage to the driver's side rear bumper, and drove north on South 27th Street.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 30s, approximately 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall with a stocky build. He was wearing a white baseball hat, white t-shirt, white tennis shoes and blue jeans.
Police, who were already en route to the store to take the shoplifter into custody, searched the area but could not locate the suspect.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9
- Police Notes: April 2