Police seeking man who assaulted elderly man
Greenfield police are seeking a man who pushed an elderly man to the ground while attempting to steal his car keys on May 5.
According to a police report:
The older man was getting into his car in the parking lot at McDonald's, 4275 S. 27th St., at about 10:30 a.m. May 5 when he was approached by the man, who then yelled at the elderly man to give him his car keys. The younger man pushed him to the ground, then fled on foot.
Witnesses followed the suspect, who ran northbound on South 27th Street. He was last seen in the 3800 block of South 27th Street.
The suspect is described as a 5 feet 7 inches tall, white or Hispanic, about 20 to 30 years old with a medium build. He was last seen wearing a white-over-blue windbreaker, a black shirt, blue jeans, a white baseball cap, and was carrying a white bag.
The elderly received minor injuries and refused transport to the hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: April 9
- Police Notes: April 2
- Police Notes: March 26