A dispute over damaged property that ended with one neighbor swinging a sledgehammer at the other neighbor's fence led to the arrest of a 62-year-old Greenfield woman this week.
According to the police report:
A resident in the 4800 block of West Anthony Drive called police at 2:25 p.m. June 17 to report the woman threatened to damage his property that evening. The woman apparently accused the caller's dog of damaging her fence and was upset because the caller didn't fix the damage.
Later that day, the resident called police a second time to report his neighbor just arrived home and asked him if he was going to fix her fence.
The woman then allegedly went into her garage, came out with a sledgehammer and started pounding on the caller's fence.
Police arrested the woman for criminal damage to property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9
- Police Notes: April 2