A 60-year-old Milwaukee man is being charged with two counts of arson for allegedly setting fires at two Greenfield businesses on South 27th Street within a 30-minute period on Feb. 16.
According to the police report, firefighters responded to a fire in a restroom at Arby's, 4841 S. 27th St., at 4:50 p.m.
The firefighters were still on the scene at Arby's when a second call came in at 5:10 p.m. from a witness who stated he observed a man starting a fire in a dumpster at Guaranty Bank, 4661 S. 27th St.
The witness told police the man set the fire and started walking toward a nearby Burger King restaurant.
Police quickly located the suspect at Burger King, where he was arrested and taken into custody.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9
- Police Notes: April 2
- Police Notes: March 26