Waiting lists to get into the before- and after-school child care program at the Greenfield elementary schools will be wiped out with the School Board approving a contract with the YMCA to provide the service.
On Monday, the board approved a one-year contract with the YMCA after the previous contract with another day care provider expired. The YMCA has enough staff to provide child care for all who want it, said Superintendent Lisa Elliott.
Also, parents will pay as much or less than they had been paying for the service and the YMCA will be able to offer more, Elliott said.
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider (1)
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)