Greenfield — For another year, the University of Wisconsin-Madison marching band will top off Greenfield's National Night Out with a performance of its famed Fifth Quarter show.
National Night Out will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5 at Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., and the Fifth Quarter show will be at 7:30 p.m.
Police and fire personnel will be on hand with equipment and this year firefighters will demonstrate a rescue from a car by cutting it open and rescuing a dummy inside. That will be at 6 p.m.
Always a favorite is a police dog demonstration at 6:45 p.m.
A child safety seat inspection also will be offered at a drive-in area away from traffic. Firefighters also will show how to install child safety seats.
Meanwhile, kids will get to jump around on bounce houses and take aim at a mock fire with a hose.
Police will display law enforcement equipment and the Greenfield SWAT team will let visitors handle and even wear some of their equipment. The bike patrol will show kids the sirens on the bikes and the lights and safety equipment they carry.
Many organizations will have booths and offer giveaways and information and there will be recorded music.
Free meals of hot dogs, brats, chips and soda will be given away as long as supplies last.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield