Greenfield — For another year, the University of Wisconsin-Madison marching band will top off Greenfield's National Night Out with a performance of its famed Fifth Quarter show.
National Night Out will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5 at Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., and the Fifth Quarter show will be at 7:30 p.m.
Police and fire personnel will be on hand with equipment and this year firefighters will demonstrate a rescue from a car by cutting it open and rescuing a dummy inside. That will be at 6 p.m.
Always a favorite is a police dog demonstration at 6:45 p.m.
A child safety seat inspection also will be offered at a drive-in area away from traffic. Firefighters also will show how to install child safety seats.
Meanwhile, kids will get to jump around on bounce houses and take aim at a mock fire with a hose.
Police will display law enforcement equipment and the Greenfield SWAT team will let visitors handle and even wear some of their equipment. The bike patrol will show kids the sirens on the bikes and the lights and safety equipment they carry.
Many organizations will have booths and offer giveaways and information and there will be recorded music.
Free meals of hot dogs, brats, chips and soda will be given away as long as supplies last.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque
- City considers parking bans
- Whitnall will survey residents to help in some costly school project choices
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Greenfield children have new spot to play
- Whitnall School District continues to 'exceed expectations'
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Al-Huda mosque’s gravel parking lot in Greenfield can remain in use for now: Al-Huda mosque's gravel parking lot can remain in use for now