· An caller reported he was held up by three unknown subjects with guns at a residence in the 4400 block of South 43rd Street at about 8:55 p.m. May 23. The suspects fled in a white vehicle with $400 in cash.
· A copper pot and three air conditioners were taken from a garage in the 7700 block of West Allerton Avenue between May 19 and May 21.
· Three females were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing clothing at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at 7:10 p.m. May 20.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting and was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., at 9 p.m. May 20.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting after she was seen concealing clothing in a purse at Kmart at 9:15 p.m. May 20.
· An unknown man shoplifted a set of razor blades at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th Street, at about 10 p.m. May 20.
· Copper tubing was taken from an air conditioner at a business in the 4800 block of South 76th Street prior to 9:30 a.m. May 22.
· A wheelchair was taken from a vehicle in the 3400 block of South 100th Street prior to 1:55 p.m. May 22.
· A cellphone was taken at Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., prior to 3:35 P.M. May 22.
· A resident at Southpointe Health Care, 4500 W. Loomis Road, reported that $500 was stolen from his wallet between 10 p.m. May 20 and 6 a.m. May 21.
· Items were taken from a locked men's locker at Southridge Athletic Club, 6815 W. Edgerton Ave., prior to 9:30 p.m. May 22.
· Three females were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen concealing merchandise at Party City, 5058 S. 74th St., at 6:45 p.m. May 23.
· A male was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen cutting open packages by video gaming systems at Target, 4777 S. 27th St., at 2:35 p.m. May 24.
· A copper boiler filled with dirt was taken from a front porch in the 4400 block of West Anthony Drive between the evening of May 23 and the morning of May 24.
· A smartphone was taken from of a locked vehicle at Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St., prior to 12:10 a.m. May 25.
· A purse was taken from a locked vehicle at Scott E's Pub, 3800 S. 108th Street at about 1 a.m. May 25.
· Two purses were taken from a vehicle in a lot in the 10700 block of West Beloit Road between midnight and 1:30 a.m. May 25.
· A digital media player was taken from a car parked at Club Paragon, 3578 S. 108th St., prior to 2 a.m. May 25.
· Two bottles of cologne, valued at $75 each, were taken from a locked car at Club Paragon, 3578 S. 108th St., between midnight and 2:10 a.m. May 25.
· Jewelry was taken from a residence in the 4500 block of South 50th Street prior to 8:40 p.m. May 25. The resident named a suspect.
· A man was arrested for theft after he walked out without paying his bill at TGI Fridays, 4638 S. 76th St., at 8:10 p.m. May 26.
· A wheel was taken off a vehicle and four tires were taken off a pickup truck at Braeger Ford, 4201 S. 27th St., between late evening May 25 and 4 a.m. May 27.
· A resident reported tools were taken out of his locked work truck in the 4400 block of West Van Beck Avenue prior to 8 a.m. May 27.
· A woman and two men were arrested for shoplifting after at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., at 2:50 p.m. May 27.
· Eight solar lights were taken from a backyard in the 8900 block of West Whitaker Avenue between May 25 and the morning of May 27.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 4:50 p.m. May 27.
· A wallet and a GPS unit were taken from an SUV in the 3400 block of South 43rd Street prior to 6:55 p.m. May 27.
· One adult was arrested for possession of marijuana and one juvenile and one adult were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop on Woodland Drive and Layton Avenue at 8:25 p.m. May 20.
· A juvenile was arrested for possession of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon (brass knuckles) at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at 11 am. May 21.
· A person was arrested for drunken driving after on South 76th Street and West Layton Avenue at about 7 p.m. May 21.
· A person was arrested for drunken driving in the 8500 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 1:30 p.m. May 22.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 10000 block of West Beloit Road at 2:05 a.m. May 23.
· A person was arrested for drunken driving (fifth offense) in the 5500 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 10:45 p.m. May 25. A blood alcohol content level was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) in the 2800 block of West Layton Avenue at 12:45 a.m. May 27. His BAC was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4100 block of South 108th Street at 2 am. May 27. His BAC was unavailable.
· A person was arrested for drunken driving (fourth offense) after an officer observed the driver driving erratically on 27th Street and Ramsey Avenue at 8:50 p.m. May 27. A BAC was unavailable.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving on 84th Street and Layton Avenue at 11:50 p.m. May 27. His BAC was unavailable.
· A car was scratched with a key and one tire was deflated while it was parked by the football field at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. May 20.
· A vehicle was scratched with a key while it was parked in the 5300 block of South Tuckaway Lane on May 20.
· A vehicle was scratched with a key in the 3600 block of South 108th Street between late evening hours May 23 and 8:45 a.m. May 24.
· Several teachers' vehicle were scratched with a key while parked in the employee parking lot at Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., prior to 3:30 p.m. May 24.
· Car windows were smashed on two vehicles parked at Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th Street prior to 11:45 p.m. May 24.
· A person was cited for negligent handling of burning materials after starting a fire on a balcony in the 3100 block of West Howard Avenue shortly after 1 a.m. May 21.
· A juvenile was arrested for disorderly conduct after verbally threatening a teacher at Greenfield Middle School, 3200 W. Barnard Ave., at 2:10 p.m. May 21.
· Officers responding to a report of an argument between two people in a parking lot in the 3800 block of South 35th Street arrested one of the subjects for disorderly conduct and battery, and took a female into custody for having a valid warrant with the Greenfield Police Department at about 2:15 a.m. May 23.
· A male subject was arrested for prowling and resisting arrest after he took off running east through residential yards after seeing a police squad in the 3300 block of South Schauer Avenue at about 1:45 a.m. May 24. Another subject accompanying the male was also cited for resisting and prowling.
· A resident in the 5300 block of South 43rd Street called police at 12:10 p.m. May 24 to report she saw a bobcat in her yard during the past several nights. Police responded and saw no evidence of a bobcat in the resident's yard.
· A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he confronted a male juvenile who was walking with some friends on 33rd Street and Wilbur Avenue and began screaming at them, accusing them of spraying graffiti on his garage and then pushed one of the juveniles twice in the chest at 6:10 p.m. May 27. The suspect was not on the scene when police arrived, but stated he would turn himself in on May 28.
· A male juvenile was cited for discharging a BB gun in the city in the 3500 block of South 49th Street at 6:20 p.m. May 27.
· Greenfield police responded to five domestic violence calls and assisted with 14 rescue calls and two fire calls between May 20 and May 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706
- Greenfield police report June 23 to June 29
- Greenfield police report June 16-22
- GREENFIELD 0609 to 0615
- Greenfield Police report June 10
- Greenfield Police Report: June 6
- GREENFIELD 0512 to 0518
- Greenfield police report: May 15
- Greenfield Police Report: May 8
- Police report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1
- Police Report: March 25
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police Report: March 4
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Police Report: Feb. 17
- Police Report: Feb. 11