I will use my experience as a business owner, manager, and soldier to serve the students and taxpayers of the Greenfield School District.
I will work with the other board members to ensure that each student has the opportunity to receive a quality and relevant education that prepares them for life after graduation.
I will also work to ensure that the taxpayers' hard-earned dollars are spent effectively and efficiently. An 11.2 percent tax levy increase must never happen again.
I propose additional collaboration with other governmental entities to reduce redundancy and efficiently use resources. This collaboration could include shared use of facilities, sharing expertise in areas such as maintenance, and the joint purchase of goods and services.
The School Board and administration must also meet regularly with our state legislators on matters related to mandates and school funding.
There is great deal of experience and talent in our community. I propose expanding our efforts in soliciting support from individuals, groups and organizations, and local businesses to aid our students in such areas as literacy, co-curricular activities, and career exploration (just to name a few).
Closely related, I would like to see more community involvement, including frequent listening sessions (in addition to regular School Board meetings) to keep our residents informed and to solicit their opinions and ideas. In these uncertain times we must all work together to ensure that our students become productive citizens while weighing the demands on our taxpayers.
I humbly ask for your vote on April 3.
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)
- Thieves hit Greenfield liquor store twice in a week, injure clerk
- Greenfield Police report: June 9, 2016