A man claiming to be a We Energies employee went into a Greenfield grocery store and demanded cash, stating the business was past due.
According to the Greenfield police report:
The owner of Holyland Grocery, 2755 W. Ramsey Ave., reported an attempted theft at 4:20 p.m. Nov. 27. The caller told police an unknown person, described as a white male in his 30s and wearing a white, lab-type coat, came into the store claiming to be from We Energies. The caller said the man demanded cash by stating the business account was past due at about 3:55 p.m. Nov. 27.
When the man was told there was no cash in the business, he said he would return in an hour. The owner contacted We Energies, who confirmed that his business was up to date in payments.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016