A man claiming to be a We Energies employee went into a Greenfield grocery store and demanded cash, stating the business was past due.
According to the Greenfield police report:
The owner of Holyland Grocery, 2755 W. Ramsey Ave., reported an attempted theft at 4:20 p.m. Nov. 27. The caller told police an unknown person, described as a white male in his 30s and wearing a white, lab-type coat, came into the store claiming to be from We Energies. The caller said the man demanded cash by stating the business account was past due at about 3:55 p.m. Nov. 27.
When the man was told there was no cash in the business, he said he would return in an hour. The owner contacted We Energies, who confirmed that his business was up to date in payments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Hales Corners Eagle Scout's signs point the way at Whitnall Park
- A mother talks of her loss to heroin
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Greenfield man charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Greenfield schools 'right-sizing' enrollment for smaller classes
- Greenfield restricts car sales at homes
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Equipment upgrades, Wi-Fi pleadged in sale of Milwaukee-area YMCAs
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other