A man claiming to be a We Energies employee went into a Greenfield grocery store and demanded cash, stating the business was past due.
According to the Greenfield police report:
The owner of Holyland Grocery, 2755 W. Ramsey Ave., reported an attempted theft at 4:20 p.m. Nov. 27. The caller told police an unknown person, described as a white male in his 30s and wearing a white, lab-type coat, came into the store claiming to be from We Energies. The caller said the man demanded cash by stating the business account was past due at about 3:55 p.m. Nov. 27.
When the man was told there was no cash in the business, he said he would return in an hour. The owner contacted We Energies, who confirmed that his business was up to date in payments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 11
- Eight Greenfield families get hosed by horrid winter weather
- Meijer adds Greenfield to list of possible big-box store sites
- Police Report: March 11
- General election voters guide for Greenfield 2nd Aldermanic District
- Heroic efforts reduce toll of fire in Greenfield
- General election voters guide for Greenfield 1st Aldermanic District
- Man says driver ran over him after angry exchange
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour