A man claiming to be a We Energies employee went into a Greenfield grocery store and demanded cash, stating the business was past due.
According to the Greenfield police report:
The owner of Holyland Grocery, 2755 W. Ramsey Ave., reported an attempted theft at 4:20 p.m. Nov. 27. The caller told police an unknown person, described as a white male in his 30s and wearing a white, lab-type coat, came into the store claiming to be from We Energies. The caller said the man demanded cash by stating the business account was past due at about 3:55 p.m. Nov. 27.
When the man was told there was no cash in the business, he said he would return in an hour. The owner contacted We Energies, who confirmed that his business was up to date in payments.
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016