A man was looking to take a bite out of an egg roll, but instead he chomped down a bullet June 19.
According to the Greenfield police report:
The man told police that his daughter bought an unopened package of egg rolls from Greenfield Pick 'n Save. He went to eat one about 6:30 a.m. June 19, but he bit into the bullet inside one.
The man confirmed that the packaging was still intact before he opened it. He told police there were no incidents around the house in the 9100 block of West Allerton Avenue in which a bullet could have become lodged in the food.
The man was advised to contact Pick 'n Save and the manufacturer of the egg rolls to report the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $1.6 million in new taxes could come to Greenfield city and schools (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face