A man was looking to take a bite out of an egg roll, but instead he chomped down a bullet June 19.
According to the Greenfield police report:
The man told police that his daughter bought an unopened package of egg rolls from Greenfield Pick 'n Save. He went to eat one about 6:30 a.m. June 19, but he bit into the bullet inside one.
The man confirmed that the packaging was still intact before he opened it. He told police there were no incidents around the house in the 9100 block of West Allerton Avenue in which a bullet could have become lodged in the food.
The man was advised to contact Pick 'n Save and the manufacturer of the egg rolls to report the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque
- City considers parking bans
- Whitnall will survey residents to help in some costly school project choices
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Greenfield children have new spot to play
- Whitnall School District continues to 'exceed expectations'
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Al-Huda mosque’s gravel parking lot in Greenfield can remain in use for now: Al-Huda mosque's gravel parking lot can remain in use for now