The Greenfield Little League has announced that proceeds from its annual raffle and homerun derby will go to the Margaret Litwicki Memorial Fund, set up for the three children of Litwicki, who was stabbed to death late Friday or early Saturday.
One of the children, an 8-year-old boy, plays in the Little League's rookie division. The other children are ages 11 and 6; all three live in Greenfield.
Normally, the proceeds from the raffle and fundraiser go to the Little League, said Jeff Brunner, league vice president. The league also will make a separate donation.
The public is invited to the fundraiser to be held from 5:45 to 8:30 p.m. July 25 at Kulwicki Park, 10771 W. Cold Spring Road., Greenfield. The raffle will include about $400 worth of jewelry donated by Kesslers Diamonds, $300 worth of refinishing work donated by Greg's Refinishing - which specializes in antique furniture - and travel gift certificates.
Tickets will be sold at the park, and the drawing will be at 8 p.m.
The Little League all-star game will start at 5:45 p.m. followed by a homerun derby open to Little Leaguers.
The memorial fund is set up at Tri City National Bank, and donations can be made at any branch. Donors should inform the teller that the donation is for the Margaret Litwicki Memorial Fund.
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)
- Thieves hit Greenfield liquor store twice in a week, injure clerk
- Greenfield Police report: June 9, 2016