The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Police Report: June 18
- Another top administrator will leave Greenfield School District
- Farmers market takes root in Greenfield's Konkel Park
- Motel guest arrested after knife incident in Greenfield
- Greenfield pet store robbery suspect could face federal charges
- Greenfield School Board approves some raises
- News & Notes: June 13
- Police Report: June 11
- Police Notes: June 5