Greenfield — Greenfield School Board President Bruce Bailey scored an upset against longtime 2nd District Greenfield Alderman Tom Pietrowski in Tuesday's spring election.
At the same time, voters in Greenfield's 1st Aldermanic District gave the nod to incumbent Linda Lubotsky for another term over challenger Terry Bartz.
In the race for the Greenfield School Board, 18-year-old David Pettersen captured 31 percent of the vote, although not a seat on the board.
"I did better than I thought," Pettersen said.
The most high-profile race, however, was between Bailey and Pietrowski where Bailey garnered 62 percent of the vote.
The unofficial results are:
Bruce Bailey 510
Tom Pietrowski 317
The vote totals won't be final until the Board of Canvassers meets after the NOW deadline.
Bailey said his track record on the School Board probably helped him the most.
"People know I'm basically conservative," he said. "I have a track record of being sort of tight with the taxpayer dollar."
Pietrowski said simply, "I thank my supporters and I wish success to my successor."
The unofficial vote total in the 1st District is Lubosky 343 and Bartz 307.
The three-way race for two seats on the Greenfield School Board ended with Tom Frohna capturing 1,330 votes, incumbent Pam Sierzchulski, 1,306 and Pettersen 1,199.
On the Whitnall School Board, the three winners are incumbent Nancy Zaborowski with 1,168 unofficial votes, Jon Jones with 991 and Jonathan Cagle with 969. Former School Board member Michael Clarizio was fourth with 927 votes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former Chapman School in Greenfield now fully demolished
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Greenfield park on list of parks not protected from unilateral sale
- Greenfield police take innovative approach to curbing heroin addiction (2)
- Greenfield resident robbed on his doorstep
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016 (1)
- St. John the Evangelist School to host two open house events
- Greenfield officials clear way for condo project, Chapman development
- Greenfield approves beekeeping measure
- Greenfield development not harmed by loss of nearby medical building