Greenfield — Greenfield School Board President Bruce Bailey scored an upset against longtime 2nd District Greenfield Alderman Tom Pietrowski in Tuesday's spring election.
At the same time, voters in Greenfield's 1st Aldermanic District gave the nod to incumbent Linda Lubotsky for another term over challenger Terry Bartz.
In the race for the Greenfield School Board, 18-year-old David Pettersen captured 31 percent of the vote, although not a seat on the board.
"I did better than I thought," Pettersen said.
The most high-profile race, however, was between Bailey and Pietrowski where Bailey garnered 62 percent of the vote.
The unofficial results are:
Bruce Bailey 510
Tom Pietrowski 317
The vote totals won't be final until the Board of Canvassers meets after the NOW deadline.
Bailey said his track record on the School Board probably helped him the most.
"People know I'm basically conservative," he said. "I have a track record of being sort of tight with the taxpayer dollar."
Pietrowski said simply, "I thank my supporters and I wish success to my successor."
The unofficial vote total in the 1st District is Lubosky 343 and Bartz 307.
The three-way race for two seats on the Greenfield School Board ended with Tom Frohna capturing 1,330 votes, incumbent Pam Sierzchulski, 1,306 and Pettersen 1,199.
On the Whitnall School Board, the three winners are incumbent Nancy Zaborowski with 1,168 unofficial votes, Jon Jones with 991 and Jonathan Cagle with 969. Former School Board member Michael Clarizio was fourth with 927 votes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield faces uphill battle to acquire Kulwicki Park
- Greenfield denies Goodwill store but maybe not for long
- Greenfield Community Youth Theater to debut
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Major development in Greenfield hits snag (1)
- New St. Vincent de Paul store in Greenfield receives blessing
- Whitnall Middle School principal moves on to Stone Bank School
- Greenfield ready to move ahead with Kulwicki Park maintenance
- Applicants sought for Whitnall facilities advisory committee
- Beekeeping idea is abuzz in Greenfield