Brandon Ehret has been named head football coach at Nathan Hale High School, the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District just announced.
Ehret has served on the Nathan Hale football staff for the past two seasons as head junior varsity coach and linebackers coach. District officials said he also will bring a strong background of playing experience to the job of varsity head coach.
Ehret was a four-year letter winner at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville and was an all-conference selection at linebacker in both his junior and senior years. He was team captain as a senior and named his team's defensive Most Valuable Player as both a junior and a senior.
"It's a dream come true to coach at the same school in which I teach," Ehret said in a press release.
He takes over from Sean Hegarty, who has been head football coach for two seasons.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and Notes
- Greenfield and West Allis plan Memorials for the Day
- Jansen Fest fills another holiday weekend in Greenfield
- Police Report: May 21
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- Greenfield Library may be more forgiving when items return damaged
- Police Report: May 14