Greenfield officials aren't saying that 76th Street between Holmes and Edgerton avenues is the messiest street in the city, but they have seen a lot of trash blowing around there.
Because that isn't the only place where litter blows in the breeze, Greenfield's Public Works Committee pinpointed 40 locations for concrete trash receptacles to be placed along all the city's major thoroughfares, including 27th and 76th streets, Layton and Forest Home avenues. Ten more will be plugged into places where there is additional need.
A Wausau firm is currently making the receptacles, which should be ready to hit the Greenfield streets in about a month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her
- Whitnall approves coaching program
- Whitnall's production of 'Grease' nominated for 24 Tommy Awards
- Greenfield elederly home project advances to Common Council
- Police Report: April 15
- WKCE exam yields different results