Although the Greenfield Common Council is expected to approve a $56,735 tree planting contract Tuesday , not everyone who lost a street tree last year will get a new one.
"We stretch the money as far as we can," said Richard Sokol, director of neighborhood services, but $56,000 won't do the whole job. Trees are lost in some street work and sometimes just die.
The Board of Public Works this week recommended that the council award the tree-planting contract to the low bidder, Arthur Weiler Inc., Zion, Ill.
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016