Although the Greenfield Common Council is expected to approve a $56,735 tree planting contract Tuesday , not everyone who lost a street tree last year will get a new one.
"We stretch the money as far as we can," said Richard Sokol, director of neighborhood services, but $56,000 won't do the whole job. Trees are lost in some street work and sometimes just die.
The Board of Public Works this week recommended that the council award the tree-planting contract to the low bidder, Arthur Weiler Inc., Zion, Ill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Police Report: June 18
- Another top administrator will leave Greenfield School District
- Farmers market takes root in Greenfield's Konkel Park
- Motel guest arrested after knife incident in Greenfield
- Greenfield pet store robbery suspect could face federal charges
- Greenfield School Board approves some raises
- News & Notes: June 13
- Police Report: June 11
- Police Notes: June 5