Although the Greenfield Common Council is expected to approve a $56,735 tree planting contract Tuesday , not everyone who lost a street tree last year will get a new one.
"We stretch the money as far as we can," said Richard Sokol, director of neighborhood services, but $56,000 won't do the whole job. Trees are lost in some street work and sometimes just die.
The Board of Public Works this week recommended that the council award the tree-planting contract to the low bidder, Arthur Weiler Inc., Zion, Ill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- In brief: Child enticement
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Amphitheater offered for Konkel Park in Greenfield
- Greenfield Plan Commission clears Chapman project, Meijer for hearings
- Greenfield Plan Commission mixed on idea of Goodwill opening on S. 76th St.