Although the Greenfield Common Council is expected to approve a $56,735 tree planting contract Tuesday , not everyone who lost a street tree last year will get a new one.
"We stretch the money as far as we can," said Richard Sokol, director of neighborhood services, but $56,000 won't do the whole job. Trees are lost in some street work and sometimes just die.
The Board of Public Works this week recommended that the council award the tree-planting contract to the low bidder, Arthur Weiler Inc., Zion, Ill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield
- Time constraints delay Greenfield consideration of Meijers super store
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy
- Annual meeting approves nearly no-increase Greenfield school levy
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Later secondary school start times explored in Greenfield; national group recommends 8:30 a.m. or la