Although the Greenfield Common Council is expected to approve a $56,735 tree planting contract Tuesday , not everyone who lost a street tree last year will get a new one.
"We stretch the money as far as we can," said Richard Sokol, director of neighborhood services, but $56,000 won't do the whole job. Trees are lost in some street work and sometimes just die.
The Board of Public Works this week recommended that the council award the tree-planting contract to the low bidder, Arthur Weiler Inc., Zion, Ill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rebuffed at store, man with walker uses trash can instead of toilet
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Whitnall School District's woodland could get natural boost
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Man tries to scam Greenfield business by claiming to be from We Energies
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge