The Ridge Community Church can now make its new home in the soon-to-be-vacated Walmart store at 4500 S. 108th St.
On Tuesday, the Greenfield Common Council approved the church's site, building and landscape design plans, clearing the way the congregation's acquisition of the old Walmart building.
About 60,000 square feet would be used by the church, which would lease out the remaining 50,000 square feet to retail tenants or offices.
Walmart itself will move into its larger quarters under construction around the corner in late October.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Whitnall School District makes AP honor roll
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer
- Greenfield tries enhancing safety in 2015 city budget
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue