The Ridge Community Church can now make its new home in the soon-to-be-vacated Walmart store at 4500 S. 108th St.
On Tuesday, the Greenfield Common Council approved the church's site, building and landscape design plans, clearing the way the congregation's acquisition of the old Walmart building.
About 60,000 square feet would be used by the church, which would lease out the remaining 50,000 square feet to retail tenants or offices.
Walmart itself will move into its larger quarters under construction around the corner in late October.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Greenfield lets gravel parking lot for mosque stay for now
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield
- Time constraints delay Greenfield consideration of Meijers super store
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy