The Ridge Community Church can now make its new home in the soon-to-be-vacated Walmart store at 4500 S. 108th St.
On Tuesday, the Greenfield Common Council approved the church's site, building and landscape design plans, clearing the way the congregation's acquisition of the old Walmart building.
About 60,000 square feet would be used by the church, which would lease out the remaining 50,000 square feet to retail tenants or offices.
Walmart itself will move into its larger quarters under construction around the corner in late October.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Milwaukee Emergency Center for Animals blood bank filling up in Greenfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store