Greenfield - "Morning's at Seven," the amusing tale of the four aging Gibb sisters living in a small town and a couple who have been courting for 12 years, will open at Greenfield High School Thursday.
The production continues on Friday and Saturday, with each performance beginning at 7 p.m., in the Performing Arts Center at the Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St.
In the play, which originally opened on Broadway in 1939, Cora (played by Samantha Gager) lives with her husband, Thor (Joe McNutt), and her younger sister Aronetta (Analisa Mundell-Wachowiak).
The sisters live next door to their third sister, Ida (Corie Stingl) and her husband, Carl (Matt Clarey), and their son, Homer (Joey Krasovich). The eldest sister, Esther (Constance Scheffler) and her husband, David (Eli Haas) live a block away.
The story begins with Ida telling her son Homer that it's time for him to marry his girlfriend Myrtle (Sandra Polakowski), whom he has been dating for 12 years. After all, he's 40 and she's 39. What are they waiting for?
The Gibb sisters like the routine of their lives, but when Homer finally brings Myrtle home to "meet the family," the results are anything but routine.
Admission is $6. The show is appropriate for all ages.
For information, call (414) 281-6200, Ext. 2531 and leave a message.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police investigating armed robbery in parking lot
- Goodwill drops bid to open on 76th Street in Greenfield (1)
- Greenfield faces uphill battle to acquire Kulwicki Park
- Greenfield denies Goodwill store but maybe not for long
- Greenfield Community Youth Theater to debut
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Major development in Greenfield hits snag (1)
- New St. Vincent de Paul store in Greenfield receives blessing
- Whitnall Middle School principal moves on to Stone Bank School
- Greenfield ready to move ahead with Kulwicki Park maintenance