The Greenfield School District will hire both an interim superintendent and an interim business manager until candidates can be found to fill both positions permanently, the School Board decided Monday.
Superintendent Conrad Farner departed last week to take a job as human resources director for the Cedarburg School District.
Kristen Kollath, director of business services, will leave next month to accept a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The board had offered the interim superintendent position to Todd Bugnacki, director of elementary education, but he said he had to decline because of pressing needs in his current position. He was invited to apply for the superintendent's job.
To get the best candidate for superintendent, the board wanted to take its time with an eye to filling the position at least by July 1. There was a feeling that the appointment should be made considerably earlier so the new superintendent can help choose a business manager.
The superintendent and business manager work so closely together that a good match was felt to be important.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother of 2, day care center director named to Greenfield School Board
- Greenfield police dispatch two coyotes reported as aggressive
- Making way for project, Layton Avenue Baptist Church has new location
- $2 Budget South Cinemas in Greenfield closes as of Monday, Nov. 23 (3)
- Whitnall participates in global education conference in Washington
- Draft ordinance to allow beekeeping in Greenfield clears health board
- Greenfield residents worried about coyotes get reassurance, advice (2)
- Rock band's message to students aimed at kicking pain out of bullying
- After incidents, Greenfield to hold info. meeting on coyote problem (1)
- WaterStone Bank has a Greenfield history wall that's a first for the banking chain.