Dan Carr, principal of Glenwood Elementary School in Greenfield, has submitted his request to retire after this year.
In his 14 years with the district, Carr has served as a counselor and administrator.
He took on the duties of principal with very late notice last year, according to school district officials, who also said Carr has been a calm, steadying influence for students, staff and parents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706