Greenfield police responded to several calls about recall canvassers being disturbed or disturbing the public in the past couple of weeks.
According to Greenfield police reports:
A caller reported the driver of a blue van purposely swerved toward a woman collecting signatures for the Recall Walker campaign in the 5000 block of West Layton Avenue. The van was last seen driving westbound on Layton Avenue.
Recall Walker canvassers in the 7500 block of West Layton Avenue called police to report being verbally abused by a woman prior to 4:20 p.m. Nov. 21. The woman had left by the time police arrived, but petitioners were advised to call back if she returned.
The owner of Layton Plaza, 7515 W. Layton Ave., called police after he received complaints about participants collecting signatures for the Recall Walker effort shortly before 5 p.m. Nov. 23. An officer spoke to two canvassers who were on the sidewalk and not obstructing businesses or traffic. Police then spoke to a manager of a business who was concerned about people parking in the lot, but no signs were posted limiting parking to customers only. The property owners were advised that the canvassers had the right to be there.
A resident in the 9300 block of West Forest Home Avenue called police to report Recall Walker petitioners collecting signatures on private property at 5:15 p.m. Nov. 23. The resident told police she felt the petitioners who were collecting signatures on the sidewalk were on condo property because her condo fees pay for plowing the sidewalk. When police arrived no one was standing near the condos or on the sidewalk.
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)
- Thieves hit Greenfield liquor store twice in a week, injure clerk
- Greenfield Police report: June 9, 2016