Scott Otto, who has served as the head football coach at Greenfield High School since 2010, has resigned his coaching duties as of Tuesday, citing professional reasons.
He made the statement:
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success. I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto will remain as the associate principal and athletics/activities director and the school district will begin seeking a football head coach, immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police investigating armed robbery in parking lot
- Goodwill drops bid to open on 76th Street in Greenfield (1)
- Greenfield faces uphill battle to acquire Kulwicki Park
- Greenfield denies Goodwill store but maybe not for long
- Greenfield Community Youth Theater to debut
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Major development in Greenfield hits snag (1)
- New St. Vincent de Paul store in Greenfield receives blessing
- Whitnall Middle School principal moves on to Stone Bank School
- Greenfield ready to move ahead with Kulwicki Park maintenance