Scott Otto, who has served as the head football coach at Greenfield High School since 2010, has resigned his coaching duties as of Tuesday, citing professional reasons.
He made the statement:
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success. I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto will remain as the associate principal and athletics/activities director and the school district will begin seeking a football head coach, immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Greenfield lets gravel parking lot for mosque stay for now
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield
- Time constraints delay Greenfield consideration of Meijers super store
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy