Greenfield - Retired South Milwaukee superintendent of schools David Ewald was named interim superintendent of the Greenfield School District on Monday by the Greenfield School Board.
Ewald was South Milwaukee superintendent from 1999 to 2010 and has nearly 50 years experience as an educator.
He will take the reins until the Greenfield School Board can name a candidate to succeed Conrad Farner, who took a position last month with the Cedarburg schools. The board will accept applications until March 18 and hopes to have a new chief in place on July 1.
This is not the first time Ewald has helped a school district as interim superintendent since he retired. From 2011 to 2012, he served as interim of the Kewaskum School District.
Ewald is a founding member of the Southeastern Wisconsin School Alliance and remains a member of the Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators, the American Association of School Administrators and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. During his career, he received the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Education Award for exemplary contributions on behalf of children with exceptional needs.
Ewald holds a bachelor's degree from Concordia University, River Forest, Ill.; a master's degree from City University of New York; and a specialist degree from Fordham University in New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother of 2, day care center director named to Greenfield School Board
- Greenfield police dispatch two coyotes reported as aggressive
- Making way for project, Layton Avenue Baptist Church has new location
- $2 Budget South Cinemas in Greenfield closes as of Monday, Nov. 23 (2)
- Whitnall participates in global education conference in Washington
- Draft ordinance to allow beekeeping in Greenfield clears health board
- Greenfield residents worried about coyotes get reassurance, advice (2)
- Rock band's message to students aimed at kicking pain out of bullying
- After incidents, Greenfield to hold info. meeting on coyote problem (1)
- WaterStone Bank has a Greenfield history wall that's a first for the banking chain.