Greenfield - Retired South Milwaukee superintendent of schools David Ewald was named interim superintendent of the Greenfield School District on Monday by the Greenfield School Board.
Ewald was South Milwaukee superintendent from 1999 to 2010 and has nearly 50 years experience as an educator.
He will take the reins until the Greenfield School Board can name a candidate to succeed Conrad Farner, who took a position last month with the Cedarburg schools. The board will accept applications until March 18 and hopes to have a new chief in place on July 1.
This is not the first time Ewald has helped a school district as interim superintendent since he retired. From 2011 to 2012, he served as interim of the Kewaskum School District.
Ewald is a founding member of the Southeastern Wisconsin School Alliance and remains a member of the Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators, the American Association of School Administrators and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. During his career, he received the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Education Award for exemplary contributions on behalf of children with exceptional needs.
Ewald holds a bachelor's degree from Concordia University, River Forest, Ill.; a master's degree from City University of New York; and a specialist degree from Fordham University in New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Senior citizens invited to dinner and a show at Whitnall High School
- Greenfield Police blotter: Feb. 11
- Greenfield city, schools on verge of shared fiber optics for Internet
- Greenfield schools to get safety improvements thanks to $150,000 grant
- Greenfield parents may get cost break on child care at schools
- Former Chapman School in Greenfield now fully demolished (1)
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Greenfield park on list of parks not protected from unilateral sale
- Greenfield police take innovative approach to curbing heroin addiction (2)
- Greenfield resident robbed on his doorstep