Greenfield - Retired South Milwaukee superintendent of schools David Ewald was named interim superintendent of the Greenfield School District on Monday by the Greenfield School Board.
Ewald was South Milwaukee superintendent from 1999 to 2010 and has nearly 50 years experience as an educator.
He will take the reins until the Greenfield School Board can name a candidate to succeed Conrad Farner, who took a position last month with the Cedarburg schools. The board will accept applications until March 18 and hopes to have a new chief in place on July 1.
This is not the first time Ewald has helped a school district as interim superintendent since he retired. From 2011 to 2012, he served as interim of the Kewaskum School District.
Ewald is a founding member of the Southeastern Wisconsin School Alliance and remains a member of the Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators, the American Association of School Administrators and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. During his career, he received the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Education Award for exemplary contributions on behalf of children with exceptional needs.
Ewald holds a bachelor's degree from Concordia University, River Forest, Ill.; a master's degree from City University of New York; and a specialist degree from Fordham University in New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer
- Greenfield tries enhancing safety in 2015 city budget
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield ups emergency preparedness