A proposed 2013 budget where Greenfield would spend nearly 5.3 percent less than it budgeted for this year but would increase the property tax levy by 1.98 percent will head for a public hearing on Nov. 20.
The Greenfield finance committee of the whole cleared the proposed budget Tuesday to go to public hearing.
A Common Council vote on the proposed 2013 budget is slated for the same night as the hearing.
Of the total $46.3 million proposed budget, $24.4 million would be for the general fund, considered the operating budget. That represents a 2.7 percent increase or $639,422.
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)