A proposed 2013 budget where Greenfield would spend nearly 5.3 percent less than it budgeted for this year but would increase the property tax levy by 1.98 percent will head for a public hearing on Nov. 20.
The Greenfield finance committee of the whole cleared the proposed budget Tuesday to go to public hearing.
A Common Council vote on the proposed 2013 budget is slated for the same night as the hearing.
Of the total $46.3 million proposed budget, $24.4 million would be for the general fund, considered the operating budget. That represents a 2.7 percent increase or $639,422.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016