West Allis Mayor Dan Devine announced Tuesday night that the Greenfield Avenue bridge will close Jan. 21.
Peter Daniels, West Allis senior roads engineer, confirmed that, saying there could be a delay until Jan. 22. The closing date had previously been Feb. 1. The bridge which spans Interstate 894 will be torn down and a new one built to accommodate a wider freeway underneath.
The crucial bridge is still scheduled to reopen by July 18, Daniels said.
Greenfield Avenue will be closed to through traffic from 106th to 96th streets, Devine said. But access to businesses will be maintained, he said.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016