· An employee at Subway, 4166 S. 108th St., called police after finding the cash box was missing and several items were strewn around the restaurant when he/she arrived for work at 6:55 a.m. May 27. The report did not state how entry was gained or how much cash was stolen.
· A resident in the 3600 block of South 33rd Street reported several items were stolen out of his garage at 3 p.m. May 30. The report did not state what was stolen or how the unknown suspect(s) gained entry to the garage.
· Police are seeking two people who shoplifted merchandise on numerous occasions at Speedway, 3390 W. Loomis Road, by concealing the items in a beach bag. Police first learned of the incidents on May 29, positively identified them and are seeking them for questioning.
· An unknown man shoplifted a 92-count package of Pampers Swaddlers diapers at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., and then fled in a two-tone Buick Park Avenue at about 1 a.m. June 1. The suspect was described as a 20- to 30-year-old white male wearing a denim jacket with a Harley-Davidson logo on back and jeans.
· A woman reported an iPod and a watch were stolen from her home in the 9100 block of West Waterford Square sometime between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. May 30. The woman told police she suspected that the items were stolen by several Salvation Army employees whom she hired to help move a table and police are following up.
· A resident in the 8400 block of West Allerton Avenue reported her gas tank was siphoned and bags of aluminum cans were stolen from her home at about 10:20 a.m. May 31.
· A resident at Clement Manor, 9339 W. Howard Ave., reported some expensive face cream was stolen from her apartment at 11:15 a.m. May 31.
· An employee reported someone passed fake/counterfeit travelers checks at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St., on May 31.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 3800 block of South 108th Street at about 2:45 a.m. May 28. The suspect refused chemical breath testing and was taken into custody.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4400 block of West Loomis Road at about 2 a.m. May 29. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving on West Layton Avenue and West Loomis Road at about 3:20 a.m. May 31. A chemical breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of .16.
·A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4700 block of South 27th Street at about 2:30 a.m. June 1. A chemical breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of .15.
· A resident in the 5200 block of South 51st Street reported someone cut down a bush in his backyard sometime between 11 p.m. May 26 and 7 p.m. May 29. The unknown suspect(s) pruned the resident's "wine and roses" bush down to just one branch. According to the police report, the bad news is that there are no known suspects, but the good news is that the bush should grow back in time.
· Officers responding to a security alarm at West Marine, 4141 S. 76th St., discovered someone had shattered a window in front of the building at about 2:55 a.m. June 1. No entry was made to the building.
· A man was arrested and taken into custody for possession of a firearm by a felon after he threatened to kill his mother and himself with a gun, along with suicide by cop at a home in the 5600 block of South 43rd Street at about 8:20 a.m. May 27.
· A caller reported seeing a coyote in the 11500 block of West Beloit Road at 9:05 a.m. May 31. The caller was concerned because it is a residential area. The responding officers could not locate the animal.
· Officers responding to a report of a male subject carrying a large object and looking into vehicles at Walgreens, 4405 W. Layton Ave., arrested a man for prowling at about noon June 1.
· Greenfield police assisted with five rescue calls and one fire call between May 27 and June 1.
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield Police blotter: April 14, 2016
- Greenfield Police blotter: April 7, 2016
- Greenfield Police report: March 17, 2016
- Greenfield Police report: March 10
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 25, 2016
- Greenfield police blotter: Feb. 18
- Greenfield Police blotter: Feb. 11
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016
- Greenfield police report: Jan. 21, 2016
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 7
- Greenfield police blotter: Dec. 31
- Greenfield Police blotter: Dec. 24
- Greenfield Police blotter: Oct. 22
- Greenfield Police Blotter: Oct. 15
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue