A farmers market will be coming to Greenfield this summer, with location and dates to be announced.
The Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee is developing the community market with the help of a survey meant to determine community interest and the specifics and logistics for the market.
The online survey may be accessed at surveymonkey.com/s/greenfieldmarket. The survey will run through March 8.
"We strongly believe that a farmers market will be a vibrant addition to the city," Mayor Michael Neitzke said in the news release announcing the market. "A market providing access to fresh, healthy and locally grown produce will be a great benefit to our residents and will contribute to making Greenfield a better place."
The planning committee also is accepting help from volunteers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A mother talks of her loss to heroin
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Greenfield man charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Greenfield schools 'right-sizing' enrollment for smaller classes
- Greenfield restricts car sales at homes
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Equipment upgrades, Wi-Fi pleadged in sale of Milwaukee-area YMCAs
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque
- City considers parking bans