A farmers market will be coming to Greenfield this summer, with location and dates to be announced.
The Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee is developing the community market with the help of a survey meant to determine community interest and the specifics and logistics for the market.
The online survey may be accessed at surveymonkey.com/s/greenfieldmarket. The survey will run through March 8.
"We strongly believe that a farmers market will be a vibrant addition to the city," Mayor Michael Neitzke said in the news release announcing the market. "A market providing access to fresh, healthy and locally grown produce will be a great benefit to our residents and will contribute to making Greenfield a better place."
The planning committee also is accepting help from volunteers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield