The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will hold a Feb. 29 open house concerning road work on Greenfield Avenue from 97th to 124th streets that will take place over the next two years in West Allis.
Members of the project team will be available to answer questions and concerns during the open house, which will be from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Madison Elementary School, 1117 S. 104th St. The project limits and construction schedule were recently adjusted to help aid in traffic flow during the Zoo interchange project.
The plan is for construction of the western section between 124th and 106th streets to start after the State Fair in August and finish at the end of November. The project will involve resurfacing the road, adding or extending left turn lanes, improving traffic signals, converting parking lanes to bicycle lanes and improving transit facilities. Greenfield Avenue will remain open in each direction, with lane restrictions during some stages of the project.
Construction for the eastern section between 106th to 97th streets will take place in 2013 and will involve reconstructing the Interstate 894 interchange and bridge. Additional work includes replacing the existing roadway, adding or extending turn lanes at 101st Street, improving traffic signals, converting parking lanes to bicycle lanes and improving transit facilities. During construction, the Greenfield Avenue bridge over I-894 and most ramps to and from I-894 will be closed.
Those unable to attend the open house may contact Jason Lynch, project manager, by phone at (414) 750-0538 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Meijer gets early nod of approval in Greenfield
- Greenfield police note
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Thrift group buys new space; former Greenfield Walmart now home to St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Meijer goes forward with Mount Carmel site in Greenfield
- Greenfield police report: August 7, 2014
- Whitnall Back to School Block Party looking for sponsors, volunteers
- Greenfield schools emphasize writing