Greenfield’s season came to an end with a 26-24, 25-20, 25-17 loss to Racine Case in a WIAA sectional semifinal match Nov. 4 at home.
The Hustlin’ Hawks were led by Alec Molter’s nine kills and four blocks, Kevin Hanneken’s 12 assists and Casey Wilde’s nine digs.
The Hawks were unable to establish any consistency this season, partially due to some injuries, including one that kept setter Wilde out of the lineup for much of the year.
Greenfield will lose a substantial number of seniors — Wilde, Eric Harmon, Max McGrath, C.J. Behr, Steve Derlein, Chad Zoltak, Curtis Coffin, Brad Jacobsen, Boone Malecki and Jacob Whitlock.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall School District's woodland could get natural boost
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge
- Laser tag enthusiast sets his sights on Greenfield site
- Towering issue in Greenfield lays low for now
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Greenfield Farmers Market flourishes during inaugural year
- Greenfield police officer resigns over excessive force claim
- Greenfield readies springboard to technology leap