A 44-year-old Greenfield man has been charged with five counts of possession of child pornography after he confessed to police he stored a couple of hundred videos.
Michael L. Munkacsy told police he is attracted to girls between 10 and 15 years old, according to a criminal complaint.
Police found out by tracking several videos from a file sharing network to Munkacsy's computer, court records show.
Munkacsy was charged with five counts although a police officer conducting a quick initial search found at least 12 videos on a hard drive, seized from Munkacsy's residence on W. Beloit Road on Feb. 7, of children engaging in sex, according to the complaint.
Munkacsy is facing up to 25 years in prison and $100,000 in fines for each of the five counts. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Later secondary school start times explored in Greenfield; national group recommends 8:30 a.m. or la
- Whitnall High reaches ACT goal
- Greenfield schools take steps to improved education with teachers coaching teachers
- Greenfield mayor accepts ALS ice bucket challenge
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative