A 44-year-old Greenfield man has been charged with five counts of possession of child pornography after he confessed to police he stored a couple of hundred videos.
Michael L. Munkacsy told police he is attracted to girls between 10 and 15 years old, according to a criminal complaint.
Police found out by tracking several videos from a file sharing network to Munkacsy's computer, court records show.
Munkacsy was charged with five counts although a police officer conducting a quick initial search found at least 12 videos on a hard drive, seized from Munkacsy's residence on W. Beloit Road on Feb. 7, of children engaging in sex, according to the complaint.
Munkacsy is facing up to 25 years in prison and $100,000 in fines for each of the five counts. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield starts review of proposed 2016 city budget
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield
- Ordinance allowing beekeeping to be drafted in Greenfield
- Budget says Greenfield school operations to cost less