Two candidates are still in the running to succeed Michael Jungbluth as West Allis police chief.
They are Interim Chief Charles Padgett who previously had been a deputy chief in charge of operations and Rick Balistrieri, who retired as a deputy chief in the West Allis department more than a year ago, said Joseph Kempen, chairman of the West Allis Police and Fire Commission.
The commission will start interviewing the candidates later this month and will probably choose one in early February, he said.
"Both are outstanding candidates," Kempen said.
The city received eight applications for police chief, he said. Jungbluth's last day was in mid-November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $1.6 million in new taxes could come to Greenfield city and schools (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face