Two candidates are still in the running to succeed Michael Jungbluth as West Allis police chief.
They are Interim Chief Charles Padgett who previously had been a deputy chief in charge of operations and Rick Balistrieri, who retired as a deputy chief in the West Allis department more than a year ago, said Joseph Kempen, chairman of the West Allis Police and Fire Commission.
The commission will start interviewing the candidates later this month and will probably choose one in early February, he said.
"Both are outstanding candidates," Kempen said.
The city received eight applications for police chief, he said. Jungbluth's last day was in mid-November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- In brief: Child enticement
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Amphitheater offered for Konkel Park in Greenfield
- Greenfield Plan Commission clears Chapman project, Meijer for hearings
- Greenfield Plan Commission mixed on idea of Goodwill opening on S. 76th St.