Two candidates are still in the running to succeed Michael Jungbluth as West Allis police chief.
They are Interim Chief Charles Padgett who previously had been a deputy chief in charge of operations and Rick Balistrieri, who retired as a deputy chief in the West Allis department more than a year ago, said Joseph Kempen, chairman of the West Allis Police and Fire Commission.
The commission will start interviewing the candidates later this month and will probably choose one in early February, he said.
"Both are outstanding candidates," Kempen said.
The city received eight applications for police chief, he said. Jungbluth's last day was in mid-November.
- Greenfield unveils inaugural season for new Konkel Park amphitheater
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use dropoff
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival (1)
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings