Two candidates are still in the running to succeed Michael Jungbluth as West Allis police chief.
They are Interim Chief Charles Padgett who previously had been a deputy chief in charge of operations and Rick Balistrieri, who retired as a deputy chief in the West Allis department more than a year ago, said Joseph Kempen, chairman of the West Allis Police and Fire Commission.
The commission will start interviewing the candidates later this month and will probably choose one in early February, he said.
"Both are outstanding candidates," Kempen said.
The city received eight applications for police chief, he said. Jungbluth's last day was in mid-November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield fire destroys garage, caused about $100,000 in damage
- Two suspects sought in Greenfield gas station burglary
- Police report: April 22
- Alternative sought to road work borrowing
- Man charged with ninth drunken driving offense after road rage incident
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her