The Downtown West Allis Business Improvement District is looking for ice carvers for its Dec. 3 Ice Block Sculpting Competition, which will be part of its annual Christmas on the Avenue.
Anyone at least 18 years old is eligible to participate on their own, in a team or with their families. Ice blocks will be located and carved at various locations along Greenfield Avenue. Judging and the awards ceremony will be at 4 p.m. in the City Hall courtyard.
The prize is $100 for each of the top three winners. To sign up or for more information, visit downtownwestallis.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $1.6 million in new taxes could come to Greenfield city and schools (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face