The Downtown West Allis Business Improvement District is looking for ice carvers for its Dec. 3 Ice Block Sculpting Competition, which will be part of its annual Christmas on the Avenue.
Anyone at least 18 years old is eligible to participate on their own, in a team or with their families. Ice blocks will be located and carved at various locations along Greenfield Avenue. Judging and the awards ceremony will be at 4 p.m. in the City Hall courtyard.
The prize is $100 for each of the top three winners. To sign up or for more information, visit downtownwestallis.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Drainage might sink overflow mosque parking in Greenfield
- Time constraints delay Greenfield consideration of Meijers super store
- Whitnall hosts another block party
- Greenfield police report: September 4, 2014
- Greenfield School Board approves $23 million tax levy
- Annual meeting approves nearly no-increase Greenfield school levy
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Later secondary school start times explored in Greenfield; national group recommends 8:30 a.m. or la
- Whitnall High reaches ACT goal